Re: [Clip] Problem with retrieved Clip

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2006
      Hi Jeff,

      >I posted the below note
      >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/message/14357
      >re: coloring cells in a dna Chart (html table)
      >
      >I subsequently lost my custom clipbook, and using the posted
      >code I get a syntax error on line 31.
      >
      >Line 31:
      >
      >^!IfTrue ^$StrCount("^%Tab%";"^$GetTextEol$";0;0)$ Next else Skip

      I was going to tell you that you probably need to talk to Jeff
      Scism when I saw that is who posted the Clip, but came back to my
      email and saw it is you that is asking. <bg> I think the problem
      is probably because ^$GetTextEol$ is a custom function and you
      probably do not have that custom function (see NoteTab Glossary
      and/or Clip Programming Help) in the Library anymore. I recognize
      it because years ago Eric showed me how to do a couple and I
      ended up making two more of the four below. Try putting them into
      your Library and see if it solves the problem. Actually, the there
      are eight below. The first four are examples of what the last 4 do
      and are not needed for the last 4 to work as ^$CustomFunctions$. ;)
      The ones that are grayed out due to the underscore are actually the
      custom functions, well the part that is called by the function itself
      like ^$GetTextEol$ uses H="_GetTextEol".

      (Note: There are no such regular functions as the one in your Clip
      and its 3 sister custom functions below. They have to be in the same
      Library they are used in except for a few cases that is another topic
      for discussion and not worth mentioning now. ;)

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=";---- Information ------"
      ; 01-26-2006, jody
      ; SEE: http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm for making
      ; Libraries, Clips, and in depth info on the Clipbar.

      ; Working examples of using custom function Clips
      ; eMailed on 12-02-2003, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
      ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us

      H="TextEol"
      ; Last updated on 12-02-2003 by Jody <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com>
      ; http://www.notetab.net, http://www.fookes.us
      ; Working example of a custom function that gets the text
      ; from the cursor point to the end of line.
      ^!Info ^$GetTextEol$

      H="TextBol"
      ; Last updated on 12-02-2003 by Jody <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com>
      ; http://www.notetab.net, http://www.fookes.us
      ; Working example of a custom function that gets the text
      ; from the cursor point to the beginning of line.
      ^!Info ^$GetTextBol$

      H="TextTop"
      ; Last updated on 12-02-2003 by Jody <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com>
      ; http://www.notetab.net, http://www.fookes.us
      ; Working example of a custom function that gets the text
      ; from the cursor point to the top of document.
      ^!Info ^$GetTextTop$

      H="TextBot"
      ; Last updated on 12-02-2003 by Jody <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com>
      ; http://www.notetab.net, http://www.fookes.us
      ; Working example of a custom function that gets the text
      ; from the cursor point to the bottom of the document.
      ^!Info ^$GetTextBot$

      H=";_GetTextEol"
      ; Last updated on 12-02-2003 by Jody <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com>
      ^!Result ^$StrCopy("^$GetLine$";^$GetCol$;^$GetLineSize$)$

      H="_GetTextEol"
      ; Last updated on 12-02-2003 by Jody <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com>
      ; http://www.notetab.net, http://www.fookes.us
      ; Working example of a custom function that gets the text
      ; from the cursor point to the beginning of line. Use Clip
      ; TextEol to see the value of the custom function. The
      ; syntax of the function is: ^$GetTextEol$
      ^!Result ^$StrCopy("^$GetLine$";^$GetCol$;^$GetLineSize$)$

      H="_GetTextBol"
      ; Last updated on 12-02-2003 by Jody <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com>
      ; http://www.notetab.net, http://www.fookes.us
      ; Working example of a custom function that gets the text
      ; from the cursor point to the beginning of line. Use Clip
      ; TextBol to see the value of the custom function. The
      ; syntax of the function is: ^$GetTextBol$
      ^!Result ^$StrCopy("^$GetLine$";1;^$Calc(^$GetCol$-1)$)$

      H="_GetTextTop"
      ; Last updated on 12-02-2003 by Jody <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com>
      ; http://www.notetab.net, http://www.fookes.us
      ; Working example of a custom function that gets the text
      ; from the cursor point to the beginning of line. Use Clip
      ; TextTop to see the value of the custom function. The
      ; syntax of the function is: ^$GetTextTop$
      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      ^!SelectTo 1:1
      ^!Result ^$GetSelection$
      ^!Jump Select_End

      H="_GetTextBot"
      ; Last updated on 12-02-2003 by Jody <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com>
      ; http://www.notetab.net, http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm
      ; Working example of a custom function that gets the text
      ; from the cursor point to the beginning of line. Use Clip
      ; TextBot to see the value of the custom function. The
      ; syntax of the function is: ^$GetTextBot$
      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      ^!SelectTo ^$Calc(^$GetLineCount$+1)$:1
      ^!Result ^$GetSelection$
      ^!Jump Select_Start