Re: [Clip] Named Buffers, Perl Integration, Accessibility (long)

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2006
      rpdooling wrote:
      > Yes, Jamal, the same thing occurred to me after the last email from
      > the original poster. Maybe he'll see this one, too, as it is perfect
      > for storing what might be called "snippets."
      >
      > rpd
      >
      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Jamal Mazrui" <Jamal.Mazrui@f...>
      > wrote:
      >> I wonder if the named scraps functionality can be achieved by
      >> customizing the Clip library described in the documentation excerpt
      >> below.
      >>
      >> Jamal

      >> AutoCorrect library
      >>
      >> You can also easily remove an auto-replace item by selecting it in the
      >> Clipbook window and pressing the Delete key.

      Jamal, rpd,

      I looked at saving 'snippets' in a clipbook with an H="header" also. It
      would work very nicely except for one huge problem, auto-deleting the
      'snippet' after use, that's one of the original requests. Use-it,
      lose_it was the goal.

      There is no ^!DeleteClip() command. It could be done with extra coding
      but I'm not sure it's worth the effort considering the inifile and
      discrete file, etc., alternatives.

      ºvº
      06.01.23
      -Newspaper HeadLine-
      "Include your Children When Baking Cookies"
      hrs ø hsavage@...