Re: [Clip] ntb-clips

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 7, 2006
      hsavage wrote:
      > Using a modified version of this clip to Google with works pretty well.
      > I don't have a problem with the search page not being displayed or
      > focused. Don's suggestion of a mis-wrapped line could well be correct.
      >
      > You could go to the second link below, copy and paste that clip and it
      > should work, it does for me, and you, at least, won't have to worry
      > about wrapped lines.

      Dang that is slick! It isn't obvious right off that it will auto search
      for the highlighted terms at the time it is started. You only get the
      dialog box if nothing is selected.

      Ironically the version five thread over on the NTO list was a result of
      my using MY google clip one day when I had the entire document selected
      and it brought me to a competitors product that got me going on when if
      ever we might see version five. On that misfire it somehow decided to
      open about 15 tabs each with a different "RANDOM" site given that my
      selection was also random. I was not sure why I got multiple windows,
      but it was an interesting while.

      Anyway, this google search is quite cool ...