Re: [Clip] using toolbar in a clip for characters to html all special characters

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
      > Of the above only this one exists AFAIK. Works for me.
      > ^!ToolBar Characters to HTML
      >
      > You can use ^!Menu for the other one.
      > ^!Menu Modify/Characters to HTML/All special characters
      >
      > Lotta

      Thanks for the practical insight Lotta. I guess I never knew Menu
      existed. That was what I wanted. What does Characters to HTML do (it
      is after all an intermediate step in the menu command with two choices
      that follow? Will it only work on highlighted content? Now that I look
      further, I see toolbar is the "bar" below the menu. I was mistakenly
      thinking the menu is the toolbar. That clears up a bit. Help was a bit
      short on this one and perhaps a cross reference at the end of toolbar to
      menu and vice verse would help if anybody is taking notes.
    • loro
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
        Hi Don,
        >What does Characters to HTML do

        Try it on this. :-)
        åäöÅÄÖ

        >Help was a bit short on this one and perhaps a cross
        >reference at the end of toolbar to

        Well, Help says ^!Toolbar uses the *button* tooltip text. BTW there is a
        list of Tooltip commands in the Clip Assistant. Ray Fitzgerald made a handy
        clip long ago that lets you sort Tooltip command alphabetically or by menu.
        I'm sure it's around somewhere.

        Lotta
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
          > Well, Help says ^!Toolbar uses the *button* tooltip text. BTW there is a
          > list of Tooltip commands in the Clip Assistant. Ray Fitzgerald made a handy
          > clip long ago that lets you sort Tooltip command alphabetically or by menu.
          > I'm sure it's around somewhere.

          Yes, I have the clip assistant, it list all of them ... so I found the
          one, just not the other ... because I was thinking orange and using
          apple so to speak .... I wanted menu and was using toolbar. I guess the
          word button is indeed a give away. I finally toggled toolbar off to see
          what we are actually talking about. I only use about one or two buttons
          on the toolbar.

          What I was wanting to do was change things like < to < etc.

          Thanks for the help and the patience.

          Don
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
            Hi Lotta and Don,

            >> Help was a bit short on this one and perhaps a cross reference
            >> at the end of toolbar to
            >
            >Well, Help says ^!Toolbar uses the *button* tooltip text. BTW
            >there is a list of Tooltip commands in the Clip Assistant. Ray
            >Fitzgerald made a handy clip long ago that lets you sort Tooltip
            >command alphabetically or by menu. I'm sure it's around
            >somewhere.

            NoteTab's ver. 4.60 [Help File in Outline format] by Raymond
            Fitzgerald. It is on my Outlines page/Christian outlines at the
            site. Direct download...

            Help File in Outline format:
            http://www.notetab.net/zip/help460.zip

            Ah, I just remembered that it is near the bottom of my
            Clip Tutorial: http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

            Start of Ray's Help460.otl so you know where to copy it at if you
            have my ClipTut already - older name was ClipClass.clb - it
            started off like a electronic class when I did it with lessons
            sent out. ;) eClipClass <g>

            H=Ray Fitz's ToolTips
            ; NoteTab Tutorial, ToolTips Compliments of Ray Fitzgerald
            ; Jody Adair <Jody@...>
            ^!SetWizardTitle PLEASE DIRECT ALL ToolTips QUESTIONS TO RAY FITZGERALD <xxxxx@...>
            ; I Bcc'd him: I do not know if the email address is good anymore.

            http://www.sojourner.us/software