Re: [Clip] using toolbar in a clip for characters to html all special characters

  • loro
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
      htmlfixit.com wrote:
      >Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
      > > I cannot get it to work:
      > > ^!ToolBar Characters to HTML All Special Characters
      > > ^!ToolBar Characters to HTML
      > > ^!ToolBar All Special Characters
      > > No love.
      > >
      >Had to use this:
      >^!Keyboard ALT+M &10 R &10 A
      >Not sure I need the &10's to be honest ... but I figure 20 extra
      >milliseconds won't hurt (keyboard delay)

      Of the above only this one exists AFAIK. Works for me.
      ^!ToolBar Characters to HTML

      You can use ^!Menu for the other one.
      ^!Menu Modify/Characters to HTML/All special characters

      Lotta
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
        > Of the above only this one exists AFAIK. Works for me.
        > ^!ToolBar Characters to HTML
        >
        > You can use ^!Menu for the other one.
        > ^!Menu Modify/Characters to HTML/All special characters
        >
        > Lotta

        Thanks for the practical insight Lotta. I guess I never knew Menu
        existed. That was what I wanted. What does Characters to HTML do (it
        is after all an intermediate step in the menu command with two choices
        that follow? Will it only work on highlighted content? Now that I look
        further, I see toolbar is the "bar" below the menu. I was mistakenly
        thinking the menu is the toolbar. That clears up a bit. Help was a bit
        short on this one and perhaps a cross reference at the end of toolbar to
        menu and vice verse would help if anybody is taking notes.
      • loro
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
          Hi Don,
          >What does Characters to HTML do

          Try it on this. :-)
          åäöÅÄÖ

          >Help was a bit short on this one and perhaps a cross
          >reference at the end of toolbar to

          Well, Help says ^!Toolbar uses the *button* tooltip text. BTW there is a
          list of Tooltip commands in the Clip Assistant. Ray Fitzgerald made a handy
          clip long ago that lets you sort Tooltip command alphabetically or by menu.
          I'm sure it's around somewhere.

          Lotta
        • Don - htmlfixit.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
            > Well, Help says ^!Toolbar uses the *button* tooltip text. BTW there is a
            > list of Tooltip commands in the Clip Assistant. Ray Fitzgerald made a handy
            > clip long ago that lets you sort Tooltip command alphabetically or by menu.
            > I'm sure it's around somewhere.

            Yes, I have the clip assistant, it list all of them ... so I found the
            one, just not the other ... because I was thinking orange and using
            apple so to speak .... I wanted menu and was using toolbar. I guess the
            word button is indeed a give away. I finally toggled toolbar off to see
            what we are actually talking about. I only use about one or two buttons
            on the toolbar.

            What I was wanting to do was change things like < to < etc.

            Thanks for the help and the patience.

            Don
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
              Hi Lotta and Don,

              >> Help was a bit short on this one and perhaps a cross reference
              >> at the end of toolbar to
              >
              >Well, Help says ^!Toolbar uses the *button* tooltip text. BTW
              >there is a list of Tooltip commands in the Clip Assistant. Ray
              >Fitzgerald made a handy clip long ago that lets you sort Tooltip
              >command alphabetically or by menu. I'm sure it's around
              >somewhere.

              NoteTab's ver. 4.60 [Help File in Outline format] by Raymond
              Fitzgerald. It is on my Outlines page/Christian outlines at the
              site. Direct download...

              Help File in Outline format:
              http://www.notetab.net/zip/help460.zip

              Ah, I just remembered that it is near the bottom of my
              Clip Tutorial: http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

              Start of Ray's Help460.otl so you know where to copy it at if you
              have my ClipTut already - older name was ClipClass.clb - it
              started off like a electronic class when I did it with lessons
              sent out. ;) eClipClass <g>

              H=Ray Fitz's ToolTips
              ; NoteTab Tutorial, ToolTips Compliments of Ray Fitzgerald
              ; Jody Adair <Jody@...>
              ^!SetWizardTitle PLEASE DIRECT ALL ToolTips QUESTIONS TO RAY FITZGERALD <xxxxx@...>
              ; I Bcc'd him: I do not know if the email address is good anymore.

              http://www.sojourner.us/software