using toolbar in a clip for characters to html all special characters

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
      I cannot get it to work:
      ^!ToolBar Characters to HTML All Special Characters
      ^!ToolBar Characters to HTML
      ^!ToolBar All Special Characters
      No love.
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
        Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
        > I cannot get it to work:
        > ^!ToolBar Characters to HTML All Special Characters
        > ^!ToolBar Characters to HTML
        > ^!ToolBar All Special Characters
        > No love.

        Had to use this:
        ^!Keyboard ALT+M &10 R &10 A
        Not sure I need the &10's to be honest ... but I figure 20 extra
        milliseconds won't hurt (keyboard delay)
      • loro
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
          htmlfixit.com wrote:
          >Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
          > > I cannot get it to work:
          > > ^!ToolBar Characters to HTML All Special Characters
          > > ^!ToolBar Characters to HTML
          > > ^!ToolBar All Special Characters
          > > No love.
          > >
          >Had to use this:
          >^!Keyboard ALT+M &10 R &10 A
          >Not sure I need the &10's to be honest ... but I figure 20 extra
          >milliseconds won't hurt (keyboard delay)

          Of the above only this one exists AFAIK. Works for me.
          ^!ToolBar Characters to HTML

          You can use ^!Menu for the other one.
          ^!Menu Modify/Characters to HTML/All special characters

          Lotta
        • Don - htmlfixit.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
            > Of the above only this one exists AFAIK. Works for me.
            > ^!ToolBar Characters to HTML
            >
            > You can use ^!Menu for the other one.
            > ^!Menu Modify/Characters to HTML/All special characters
            >
            > Lotta

            Thanks for the practical insight Lotta. I guess I never knew Menu
            existed. That was what I wanted. What does Characters to HTML do (it
            is after all an intermediate step in the menu command with two choices
            that follow? Will it only work on highlighted content? Now that I look
            further, I see toolbar is the "bar" below the menu. I was mistakenly
            thinking the menu is the toolbar. That clears up a bit. Help was a bit
            short on this one and perhaps a cross reference at the end of toolbar to
            menu and vice verse would help if anybody is taking notes.
          • loro
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
              Hi Don,
              >What does Characters to HTML do

              Try it on this. :-)
              åäöÅÄÖ

              >Help was a bit short on this one and perhaps a cross
              >reference at the end of toolbar to

              Well, Help says ^!Toolbar uses the *button* tooltip text. BTW there is a
              list of Tooltip commands in the Clip Assistant. Ray Fitzgerald made a handy
              clip long ago that lets you sort Tooltip command alphabetically or by menu.
              I'm sure it's around somewhere.

              Lotta
            • Don - htmlfixit.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
                > Well, Help says ^!Toolbar uses the *button* tooltip text. BTW there is a
                > list of Tooltip commands in the Clip Assistant. Ray Fitzgerald made a handy
                > clip long ago that lets you sort Tooltip command alphabetically or by menu.
                > I'm sure it's around somewhere.

                Yes, I have the clip assistant, it list all of them ... so I found the
                one, just not the other ... because I was thinking orange and using
                apple so to speak .... I wanted menu and was using toolbar. I guess the
                word button is indeed a give away. I finally toggled toolbar off to see
                what we are actually talking about. I only use about one or two buttons
                on the toolbar.

                What I was wanting to do was change things like < to < etc.

                Thanks for the help and the patience.

                Don
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
                  Hi Lotta and Don,

                  >> Help was a bit short on this one and perhaps a cross reference
                  >> at the end of toolbar to
                  >
                  >Well, Help says ^!Toolbar uses the *button* tooltip text. BTW
                  >there is a list of Tooltip commands in the Clip Assistant. Ray
                  >Fitzgerald made a handy clip long ago that lets you sort Tooltip
                  >command alphabetically or by menu. I'm sure it's around
                  >somewhere.

                  NoteTab's ver. 4.60 [Help File in Outline format] by Raymond
                  Fitzgerald. It is on my Outlines page/Christian outlines at the
                  site. Direct download...

                  Help File in Outline format:
                  http://www.notetab.net/zip/help460.zip

                  Ah, I just remembered that it is near the bottom of my
                  Clip Tutorial: http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

                  Start of Ray's Help460.otl so you know where to copy it at if you
                  have my ClipTut already - older name was ClipClass.clb - it
                  started off like a electronic class when I did it with lessons
                  sent out. ;) eClipClass <g>

                  H=Ray Fitz's ToolTips
                  ; NoteTab Tutorial, ToolTips Compliments of Ray Fitzgerald
                  ; Jody Adair <Jody@...>
                  ^!SetWizardTitle PLEASE DIRECT ALL ToolTips QUESTIONS TO RAY FITZGERALD <xxxxx@...>
                  ; I Bcc'd him: I do not know if the email address is good anymore.

                  http://www.sojourner.us/software