Re: [Clip] ntb-clips

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 3, 2006
      Jeff wrote:
      > great don, but it doesn't focus on the google search page, it inserts
      > it into the focused Notetab doc.

      Not in my world Jeff :-) Must be a difference in our setups?
      What are you getting inserted into the notetab document? The search terms?
      There was one really long line near the end, could that by any chance
      have gotten wrapped in email?
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 7, 2006
        Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
        > Jeff wrote:
        >> great don, but it doesn't focus on the google search page, it inserts
        >> it into the focused Notetab doc.
        >
        > Not in my world Jeff :-) Must be a difference in our setups?
        > What are you getting inserted into the notetab document? The search
        terms?

        Don, Jeff,

        Using a modified version of this clip to Google with works pretty well.
        I don't have a problem with the search page not being displayed or
        focused. Don's suggestion of a mis-wrapped line could well be correct.

        You could go to the second link below, copy and paste that clip and it
        should work, it does for me, and you, at least, won't have to worry
        about wrapped lines.
        <>-------------------------<>

        I've fashioned a small clip to prepare clips to be uploaded to
        'htmlfixit.com'. I, also, have uploaded that clip and another to your site.

        The addresses are below, check them out.

        This is a link to FiXiT_UpLoadeR, it appears to have worked twice at
        least. You add this clip to a clipbook, and/or the personal toolbar,
        select the clip you want to upload to fixit and run the clip.

        As I said, it's worked twice for me so far and displays correctly for
        copying and pasting a working clip.

        http://htmlfixit.com/blog/index.php?p=343
        <>-------------------------<>

        This clip is 'NoteTab Googler, a variation of your Googler clip, you may
        want to check it also. And, should I post, at least, this second link
        on the clips list so others may try it?

        http://htmlfixit.com/blog/index.php?p=344
        <>-------------------------<>

        The third clip, so far, is one that will UUencode/UUdecode clips so they
        will fit into the width parameters of email without getting wrapped.
        The one clip does both processes, encoding and decoding. It's an extra
        step or two but worth it to get a clip you can paste into a clipbook and
        not have to worry about wrapped lines. This is the link.

        http://htmlfixit.com/blog/index.php?p=346
        <>-------------------------<>

        These clips can be copied and pasted directly in to a clipbook. Just go
        to the appropriate link, select the appropriate part of the text and
        copy to clipboard. Then paste it into a clipbook and you should have a
        working clip with no worry about wrapped lines.

        ºvº
        06.01.07
        'Classic Clothing:'
        'Wearing Outfits You Already Have.'
        hrs ø hsavage@...
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 7, 2006
          hsavage wrote:
          > Using a modified version of this clip to Google with works pretty well.
          > I don't have a problem with the search page not being displayed or
          > focused. Don's suggestion of a mis-wrapped line could well be correct.
          >
          > You could go to the second link below, copy and paste that clip and it
          > should work, it does for me, and you, at least, won't have to worry
          > about wrapped lines.

          Dang that is slick! It isn't obvious right off that it will auto search
          for the highlighted terms at the time it is started. You only get the
          dialog box if nothing is selected.

          Ironically the version five thread over on the NTO list was a result of
          my using MY google clip one day when I had the entire document selected
          and it brought me to a competitors product that got me going on when if
          ever we might see version five. On that misfire it somehow decided to
          open about 15 tabs each with a different "RANDOM" site given that my
          selection was also random. I was not sure why I got multiple windows,
          but it was an interesting while.

          Anyway, this google search is quite cool ...