pausing a clip to prompt for text that should be inserted

  • Gene Del Polito
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2006
      How do I set up a clip to:
      run a clip
      pause the clip and prompt for some unspecified text to be entered
      within the clip
      then resume and execute the rest of the clip
      ?
    • rpdooling
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2006
        Gene,

        Go to the sample code library and study the clips under "Wizard Fields"

        See same section of Clip Programming Help: "Clip Wizards & Fields".

        Then try a clip and post it if it doesn't work.

        Good luck!

        rpd

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Del Polito" <genedp@p...> wrote:

        > How do I set up a clip to:
        > run a clip
        > pause the clip and prompt for some unspecified text to be entered
        > within the clip
        > then resume and execute the rest of the clip
        > ?

      • John Zeman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2006
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Del Polito" <genedp@p...> wrote:

          > How do I set up a clip to:
          > run a clip
          > pause the clip and prompt for some unspecified text to be entered
          > within the clip
          > then resume and execute the rest of the clip
          > ?

          Use the curly braces clip wizard instead of the square brackets one.

          For example this one which uses square brackets:

          ^?[Put question here=]

          will pop up in front of you before the clip does anything else whereas this one:

          ^?{Put question here=}

          will pop up at the point where it's placed in the clip.

          That's the gist of it, rpd gave you the more complete answer.

          John
        • Gene Del Polito
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2006
            Thanks, men, I'll give it a try.