Re: [Clip] Re: [NTB] Rollovers

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 16, 2005
      Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
      > Keith Johnson wrote:
      >
      >>Hi all..I was wondering if anyone could do a code for me? I want to do
      >>a Rollover buttons using two graphics. I have programs that let me do
      >>it but I have to use there buttons. One button is called Black.png and
      >>the other is called red.png Can anyone do the code or direct me to
      >>where I can find this info out? Thanks..Keithmj

      Well here is the clip that I wrote way back when to make rollovers
      automatically.

      Also you can find a simple script and a more developed script for
      mouseovers here:
      http://www.mcfedries.com/JavaScript/

      Simple one:
      http://www.mcfedries.com/JavaScript/mouseover.asp

      Listing of all of them there:
      Scripts for Mouseovers:

      * Simple Mouseover Script
      A script that changes one image to another when you put the mouse
      over the image
      * Preventing Internet Explorer Errors
      A mouseover script that prevents IE errors.
      * Pre-loading Multiple Images
      A mouseover script suitable for multiple images.
      * Simpler Multiple Mouseovers
      A simplified script for multiple images.
    • gilray4
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 16, 2005
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...> wrote:

        > Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
        > > Keith Johnson wrote:
        > >
        > >>Hi all..I was wondering if anyone could do a code for me? I want
        to do
        > >>a Rollover buttons using two graphics. I have programs that let me do
        > >>it but I have to use there buttons. One button is called Black.png
        and
        > >>the other is called red.png Can anyone do the code or direct me to
        > >>where I can find this info out? Thanks..Keithmj
        > >>

        > Well here is the clip that I wrote way back when to make rollovers
        > automatically.
        >
        > Also you can find a simple script and a more developed script for
        > mouseovers here:
        > http://www.mcfedries.com/JavaScript/
        >
        > Simple one:
        > http://www.mcfedries.com/JavaScript/mouseover.asp
        >
        > Listing of all of them there:
        > Scripts for Mouseovers:
        >
        > * Simple Mouseover Script
        > A script that changes one image to another when you put the mouse
        > over the image
        > * Preventing Internet Explorer Errors
        > A mouseover script that prevents IE errors.
        > * Pre-loading Multiple Images
        > A mouseover script suitable for multiple images.
        > * Simpler Multiple Mouseovers
        > A simplified script for multiple images.

        Having had only monitored and never responded or interacted on these
        groups I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place. As well I wish
        not to distract from Don's suggestion of the USE of javascript, but
        rather, offer another solution.
        CSS is a wonderful way to create rollovers of all sorts. CSS
        rollovers are fast and clean performers. If you would like an example
        of using CSS for rollovers there are many out there on the web such as -->
        http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/index.html
        most of these examples are not imaged for the sake of displaying CSS
        used in pure form. In turn you might have a look here. -->
        http://mvp.wiserways.com/tutorials/rollovers/
        I have created a CSS mini tutorial for a bug in Internet-explorer. It
        uses images for bullets. -->
        http://www.sightdeezygn.com/if-blog/e1.html
        If you check it out you can see code that
        uses imaged backgrounds for bullets (and learn about an internet
        explorer bug to watch for as well) :)
        Hope this sheds more light, offers more possibilities
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 16, 2005
          > Having had only monitored and never responded or interacted on these
          > groups I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place. As well I wish
          > not to distract from Don's suggestion of the USE of javascript, but
          > rather, offer another solution.
          > CSS is a wonderful way to create rollovers of all sorts. CSS
          > rollovers are fast and clean performers. If you would like an example
          > of using CSS for rollovers there are many out there on the web such as -->
          > http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/index.html
          > most of these examples are not imaged for the sake of displaying CSS
          > used in pure form. In turn you might have a look here. -->
          > http://mvp.wiserways.com/tutorials/rollovers/
          > I have created a CSS mini tutorial for a bug in Internet-explorer. It
          > uses images for bullets. -->
          > http://www.sightdeezygn.com/if-blog/e1.html
          > If you check it out you can see code that
          > uses imaged backgrounds for bullets (and learn about an internet
          > explorer bug to watch for as well) :)
          > Hope this sheds more light, offers more possibilities

          I totally agree that css is a great alternative way (and perhaps even a
          preferred way of doing rollovers these days). I almost posted a css
          solution as well. I was trying to keep it simple so decided not to, but
          glad that you did.

          I would suggest that this particular branch of the thread might better
          be in the html list (as it relates to html/css coding) vs a clip to
          achieve same.

          I *do not* in anyway wish to discourage anyone from posting. I am
          hardly the final authority on what goes where either, I might add! Both
          the HTML and the Clips lists are MUCH more tolerant of short slightly
          off topic conversations in my experience though because of the fact that
          the users are much more experienced. They (the "evil moderators"
          *grin*) fairly "militantly" try to keep the basic list to the very
          basics of the program because many new or less advanced users are over
          on that list and they don't want to scare them off. These are my
          perceptions.

          I have copied your post to the html list and would suggest that
          discussion of the CSS options probably should continue over there unless
          someone is suggesting a clip to acheive the end result :-)

          Thanks for jumping in and posting. More participants helps everyone learn!

          Don
          http://htmlfixit.com
        • Keith Johnson
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 17, 2005
            Thanks Guys..I'll read thru this..I also just took the code from
            another progran and put in my info..Thanks again...Keithmj