Re: [Clip] Changing Selected Text

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 10, 2005
      Hi Lee,

      >If I understand you correctly you only want it changed in the
      >selected text using a Clip like when using the ^!Replace command.
      >You can add the "H" option when using ^!Replace like
      >
      >^!Replace "this" >> "that" SH

      I wasn't quite clear on that, because it will only do the first
      one it finds as it is now. However, if you only want it done in a
      certain selection as in more text selected than just a single tag
      and you loop it, the selection will be lost. I'm going to stop
      here so I don't add anymore confusion and if I am on the right
      track I'll explain more if need be.

      From what I gather though is you want to only change what is in
      the selection. If there are multiple instances of the certain tag
      inside the selection and you want them all changed, but nothing
      outside the selection, then you will need to loop it re-selecting
      the text each time before you use ^!Replace.

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=Edit Multiple Tags in Selection
      ; Pre-select text and execute Clip.
      ; eMailed on 12-10-2005, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
      ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us

      ^!Set %End%=^$GetRowEnd$:^$GetColEnd$
      ^!Jump Select_Start
      ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRowStart$:^$GetColEnd$

      :Loop
      ^!SetCursor ^%End%
      ^!SelectTo ^%Start%
      ^!Replace "This" >> "That" HAS
      ^!IfError DoMore
      ^!Goto Loop

      :DoMore
      ^!Info You would maybe do other stuff here...

      <--- Copy above this line --->
      <--- Right click over a Library --->
      <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

      I have a number of working examples of doing different things
      with ^!Find and ^!Replace in Clips in my Replace library. Search
      in between lines, popup File/Replace box to put start and finish
      words end, replace between markers, Checkbox ^!Replace popup so
      you always have it start with the features you want, multiple
      searches, If in line..., AND/OR, BUT NOT, and some more. I
      suggest you look through them. Extract into NoteTab's Libraries
      folder: http://www.notetab.net/zip/replace.zip

      http://www.sojourner.us/software
    • Lee Underwood
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 10, 2005
        Thanks, Jody,

        I'm trying to replace certain text in a area that is after another
        area just like it. I'll try what you gave ma and look at the other
        clips. Thanks again.

        Lee