Re: [Clip] accessing a web-site...

  • Julie
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2005
      At 12/7/2005 11:31 AM, Rowel I. Lirag wrote:

      >Is it possible to access a website's HTML and parse it's contents using
      >a NoteTab clip?

      You can with a utility called GrabURL

      http://tinyurl.com/8gd4c

      Mine resides in my notetab directory.

      I have several personalized clips, but this will get the text for
      most pages and cut out the HTML (copy the clink to the clipboard first):

      ^!IfCancel END
      ^!Set %cmnd%=graburl ^$GetClipboard$
      ^!Goto ^?{Open in....==_New page?^=NEW|Same^=SAME}
      :NEW
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+N
      :SAME
      ^!InsertText ^$StrStripHTML("^$GetOutput("^%cmnd%")$";False)$
      ^!Jump DOC_END
      ^!InsertText ^%NL% ^%NL%from... ^%NL%^%NL%^$GetClipboard$ ^%NL% ^%NL%
      ^!Select All
      ^!Menu Modify/Alignment/Left Align
      ^!Jump TEXT_START

      ;^!Clip eMail
      :END

    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2005
        Rowel I. Lirag wrote:
        > Is it possible to access a website's HTML and parse it's contents using
        > a NoteTab clip?
        >
        > Thank you and I appreciate any help.

        Yes is the answer. I think someone already has done so. Give more
        detail and we can help more I suspect.
      • Rowel I. Lirag
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2005
          Parts manufacturers posts their inventory on the web and I need a clip
          that can grab that info (usually embedded in tables).