accessing a web-site...

  • Rowel I. Lirag
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2005
      Is it possible to access a website's HTML and parse it's contents using
      a NoteTab clip?

      Thank you and I appreciate any help.
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2005
        At 12/7/2005 11:31 AM, Rowel I. Lirag wrote:

        >Is it possible to access a website's HTML and parse it's contents using
        >a NoteTab clip?

        You can with a utility called GrabURL

        http://tinyurl.com/8gd4c

        Mine resides in my notetab directory.

        I have several personalized clips, but this will get the text for
        most pages and cut out the HTML (copy the clink to the clipboard first):

        ^!IfCancel END
        ^!Set %cmnd%=graburl ^$GetClipboard$
        ^!Goto ^?{Open in....==_New page?^=NEW|Same^=SAME}
        :NEW
        ^!Keyboard CTRL+N
        :SAME
        ^!InsertText ^$StrStripHTML("^$GetOutput("^%cmnd%")$";False)$
        ^!Jump DOC_END
        ^!InsertText ^%NL% ^%NL%from... ^%NL%^%NL%^$GetClipboard$ ^%NL% ^%NL%
        ^!Select All
        ^!Menu Modify/Alignment/Left Align
        ^!Jump TEXT_START

        ;^!Clip eMail
        :END

      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2005
          Rowel I. Lirag wrote:
          > Is it possible to access a website's HTML and parse it's contents using
          > a NoteTab clip?
          >
          > Thank you and I appreciate any help.

          Yes is the answer. I think someone already has done so. Give more
          detail and we can help more I suspect.
        • Rowel I. Lirag
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2005
            Parts manufacturers posts their inventory on the web and I need a clip
            that can grab that info (usually embedded in tables).