Re: [Clip] Pasteclips Library

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2005
      Hi Don & dvdwriters12

      >Notetab sits in the background as you go to your other
      >application, in your case DreamWeaver. So lets say that you want
      >to insert your email into the page in an encrypted fashion. You
      >type in email, highlight it (usually by double clicking anywhere
      >in the word) and then hit control + c. It should insert the text
      >you put in the clip under the name email.

      Yep, that's it. I use it daily all the time in my support mail
      for FAQ stuff or frequently used phrases. My key letters or
      keyword I normally type in, so since my hands are already on the
      keyboard (which I use as little as possible since I don't type) I
      use Ctrl+Shift+Back arrow to highlight the letters or word, then
      I use Ctrl+C/Ctrl+X after that or since I normally go back to my
      mouse after the copy/cut I use the copy/cut icon if available in
      the app I'm in which is usually Eudora and I do use those
      buttons. ;)

      One of my neatest ones (I think) that I like using is my "calc"
      ^!PasteBack Clip. My OnClipboardChange (which is what monitors
      the Clipboard) I have this line:

      ; note about below: in OnClipboardChange
      ^!IfSame "calc" "^$StrCopy("^$GetClipboard$";1;4)$" Calc

      So, when it detects "calc" on the Clipboard without the quotes it
      goes to the :Calc label. ("wo" is one of my PasteBack Clips <g>
      meaning I copy/cut wo and "without the quotes" returns without
      the quotes. <bg> wo is faster for me than w/o and understood for
      sure. ;)

      ; note about below: in OnClipboardChange
      :Calc
      ^!Clip "Calc"
      ^!Goto Minimize

      H=_Calc
      ; higher up than OnClipboardChange
      ; deletes calc from the copied/cut string and sets what's left
      ; on the Clipboard
      ^!SetClipboard ^$StrDelete("^$GetClipboard$";1;4)$

      ; Copies my equation to the Clipboard using GetClipboard adds the
      ; = $ then does the calculation and places the result it with the
      ; rest of the string on the Clipboard
      ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$ = $^$Calc(^$GetClipboard$)$

      ; sends to app where the text is still highlighted therefore gets
      ; overwritten if I used Copy, and if I cut it simply gets inserted
      ; at where the cursor is.
      ^!PasteBack

      ; Sets the Clipboard to empty in case I want to reuse the same
      ; keyword/letters again. NoteTab will not copy the same thing
      ; twice in a row as far as the PasteBoard or OnClipboardChange
      ; goes.
      ^!SetClipboard ^%Empty%

      ; note about below: in OnClipboardChange at very bottom. All the
      ; Labels in the OnClipboardChange go to :Minimize to exit (unless
      ; I use Exit in a Clip called which I do at times.
      :Minimize
      ^!MinimizeApp
      :Exit

      Anyway, when I want to reply to a customer that wants say 4
      copies of NoteTab Pro ("p" just return NoteTab Pro;) asking for
      the price I type in calc4*19.95, select, copy/cut and it returns:

      4*19.95 = $79.80

      So, that's your freebie tidbit for the night, but definitely go
      with the suggestion below! :-) Good NoteNite all. ;)

      PS
      ; I have one for ";" without the quotes that formats the Clip Code
      ; notes like above and limits the line length putting the ; in
      ; front of all the lines. ;) Like so... You just saw it. <g> I
      ; only put one in front of "I have one..."

      >>I also use it all the time for reformatting
      >-> all the long line/short line syndrome with>>
      single/multiple >>>> in a number of different incoming >>>formats neatly
      >>stripping out the old, setting >>line length and then inserts
      > >the correct amount back in.

      ; Takes the above, and turn it into the below. It is not flawless
      ; though, for instance, I had to add the ">>>>" back in because
      ; it got stripped when cleaning up all the other junk.
      >> I also use it all the time for reformatting all the long
      >> line/short line syndrome with single/multiple >>>> in a number
      >> of different incoming formats neatly stripping out the old,
      >> setting line length and then inserts the correct amount back
      >> in.

      Now, Good NoteNite! :-)

      >Why not just learn how to code html in Notetab? It's a great way to go.

      :-) http://www.fookes.us

      See ya in the funnies,
      Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

      http://www.clean-funnies.com