Re: [Clip] Pasteclips Library

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005
      dvdwriters12 wrote:
      > Im trying to understand how the pasteclips library works is there any
      > documents to explain how this library works ?
      >
      > Im basically trying to speed things up in Dreamweaver.
      >
      > Is it possible to monitor the clip board and say it found the
      > word "click here" or "home page" it would automatically replace them
      > with a website URL or some html code ?

      To start the PasteClips Library, you double click on start. Then the
      clipboard monitor will remain on indefinately until you come back to
      notetab and double click the stop clip.

      Let's say that you want to insert an encoded email address
      (http://htmlfixit.com/cgi-bin/tools/unicode_email_masking.cgi) in your
      page at various points for example. You would first create a new clip
      in the PasteClips Library. Right click in the library window and choose
      add new clip, then type a term (short but descriptive, perhaps email).
      Then in the actual clip editor insert your text. Save that clip.
      Repeat until you have all of your insert replacement codes made into
      clips. Save the clipbook.

      Notetab sits in the background as you go to your other application, in
      your case DreamWeaver. So lets say that you want to insert your email
      into the page in an encrypted fashion. You type in email, highlight it
      (usually by double clicking anywhere in the word) and then hit control +
      c. It should insert the text you put in the clip under the name email.

      Hope that helps.

      Why not just learn how to code html in Notetab? It's a great way to go.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2005
        Hi Don & dvdwriters12

        >Notetab sits in the background as you go to your other
        >application, in your case DreamWeaver. So lets say that you want
        >to insert your email into the page in an encrypted fashion. You
        >type in email, highlight it (usually by double clicking anywhere
        >in the word) and then hit control + c. It should insert the text
        >you put in the clip under the name email.

        Yep, that's it. I use it daily all the time in my support mail
        for FAQ stuff or frequently used phrases. My key letters or
        keyword I normally type in, so since my hands are already on the
        keyboard (which I use as little as possible since I don't type) I
        use Ctrl+Shift+Back arrow to highlight the letters or word, then
        I use Ctrl+C/Ctrl+X after that or since I normally go back to my
        mouse after the copy/cut I use the copy/cut icon if available in
        the app I'm in which is usually Eudora and I do use those
        buttons. ;)

        One of my neatest ones (I think) that I like using is my "calc"
        ^!PasteBack Clip. My OnClipboardChange (which is what monitors
        the Clipboard) I have this line:

        ; note about below: in OnClipboardChange
        ^!IfSame "calc" "^$StrCopy("^$GetClipboard$";1;4)$" Calc

        So, when it detects "calc" on the Clipboard without the quotes it
        goes to the :Calc label. ("wo" is one of my PasteBack Clips <g>
        meaning I copy/cut wo and "without the quotes" returns without
        the quotes. <bg> wo is faster for me than w/o and understood for
        sure. ;)

        ; note about below: in OnClipboardChange
        :Calc
        ^!Clip "Calc"
        ^!Goto Minimize

        H=_Calc
        ; higher up than OnClipboardChange
        ; deletes calc from the copied/cut string and sets what's left
        ; on the Clipboard
        ^!SetClipboard ^$StrDelete("^$GetClipboard$";1;4)$

        ; Copies my equation to the Clipboard using GetClipboard adds the
        ; = $ then does the calculation and places the result it with the
        ; rest of the string on the Clipboard
        ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$ = $^$Calc(^$GetClipboard$)$

        ; sends to app where the text is still highlighted therefore gets
        ; overwritten if I used Copy, and if I cut it simply gets inserted
        ; at where the cursor is.
        ^!PasteBack

        ; Sets the Clipboard to empty in case I want to reuse the same
        ; keyword/letters again. NoteTab will not copy the same thing
        ; twice in a row as far as the PasteBoard or OnClipboardChange
        ; goes.
        ^!SetClipboard ^%Empty%

        ; note about below: in OnClipboardChange at very bottom. All the
        ; Labels in the OnClipboardChange go to :Minimize to exit (unless
        ; I use Exit in a Clip called which I do at times.
        :Minimize
        ^!MinimizeApp
        :Exit

        Anyway, when I want to reply to a customer that wants say 4
        copies of NoteTab Pro ("p" just return NoteTab Pro;) asking for
        the price I type in calc4*19.95, select, copy/cut and it returns:

        4*19.95 = $79.80

        So, that's your freebie tidbit for the night, but definitely go
        with the suggestion below! :-) Good NoteNite all. ;)

        PS
        ; I have one for ";" without the quotes that formats the Clip Code
        ; notes like above and limits the line length putting the ; in
        ; front of all the lines. ;) Like so... You just saw it. <g> I
        ; only put one in front of "I have one..."

        >>I also use it all the time for reformatting
        >-> all the long line/short line syndrome with>>
        single/multiple >>>> in a number of different incoming >>>formats neatly
        >>stripping out the old, setting >>line length and then inserts
        > >the correct amount back in.

        ; Takes the above, and turn it into the below. It is not flawless
        ; though, for instance, I had to add the ">>>>" back in because
        ; it got stripped when cleaning up all the other junk.
        >> I also use it all the time for reformatting all the long
        >> line/short line syndrome with single/multiple >>>> in a number
        >> of different incoming formats neatly stripping out the old,
        >> setting line length and then inserts the correct amount back
        >> in.

        Now, Good NoteNite! :-)

        >Why not just learn how to code html in Notetab? It's a great way to go.

        :-) http://www.fookes.us

        See ya in the funnies,
        Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

        http://www.clean-funnies.com