Re: [Clip] Re: Ok Guru's I need HELP! Hyperlinks and Extracting URLs

  • LaurieK
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 2005
      Ok, here it is step by step. First I copy data

      a.. Can I Download To My Device?
      a.. How Do I Adjust the Volume On My Device?
      a.. How Do I Mute My Device?
      a.. How Do I Unlock My Device?

      The clip from the first email you sent (have not had a chance to test the
      one from this morning, was BIZZY ALL DAY)
      Produces this:

      style="font-size: 10pt">How Do I Adjust the Volume On My
      style="font-size: 10pt">How Do I Adjust the Volume On My
      0px; margin-bottom: 0px"> <font face="Arial"><span style="font-size: 10pt">
      Ultimately what I wish the end result to be is a text file that I can just
      copy/paste into Excel to appear like this:

      Can I Download To My Device? http://www.company.com/file1.htm
      How Do I Adjust the Volume On My Device?
      http://www.company.com/file2.htm
      How Do I Mute My Device? http://www.company.com/file3.htm
      How Do I Unlock My Device? http://www.company.com/file4.htm

      It makes on difference which column the URLs fall into thats no biggie

      Now the let me try the clip you sent in email this morning... the clip is
      workable but we may want to then add a comma and make it delimited..... or I
      can just do a find and replace, that's no biggie either..... the one thing
      I'd like to eliminate with this is the blank lines, supressing blank lines
      is a biggie

      Can I Download To My Device

      Can I Download To My Device? http://www.company.com/file1.htm

      How Do I Adjust the Volume On My Device?
      http://www.company.com/file2.htm

      How Do I Mute My Device? http://www.company.com/file3.htm

      How Do I Unlock My Device? http://www.company.com/file4.htm

      The hyperlink should not be there on the last one, sorry don't feel like
      putzing to remove it.

      Anyway, when I paste this into Excel it becomes question and URL in one cell
      straight across. If I paste from Excel it appears as the example directly
      above this paragraph....

      Does this make the mud a bit clearer? :)

      Thanks again Alan!! this is do-able if you don't feel like playing with
      it, seriously.... I feel like I'm asking for the moon or something, I hate
      having to depend on others for this stuff.... I just have not been able to
      devote the time to learning clip writing and frankly, just have difficulty
      wrapping my head around it.... it overwhelms me at times with all that runs
      through my head, its just too much more to add.

      I appreciate all the help the group provides when needed!!!

      Laurie

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 7, 2005
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "LaurieK" <ladyck3@c...> wrote:

        > Ok, here it is step by step. First I copy data
        >
        > a.. Can I Download To My Device?
        > a.. How Do I Adjust the Volume On My Device?

        did these get truncated by google

        > [ . . ] the one thing
        > I'd like to eliminate with this is the blank lines, supressing blank
        lines
        > is a biggie
        >
        > Can I Download To My Device? http://www.company.com/file1.htm
        >
        > How Do I Adjust the Volume On My Device?
        > http://www.company.com/file2.htm

        next has one more line of code added very near the end of clip that
        let no blank lines

        H="pick_url_hypr_ahref3"
        ^!Set %fil2parse%=^$GetShort(^**)$
        ^!Menu file/new
        ^!Insert ^$GetFileText(^%fil2parse%)$
        ^!SetWordWrap OFF
        ^!Select ALL
        ^$StrStripHTML("^$GetSelection$";True)$
        ^!Replace "<" >> "^%NL%" ISWA
        ^!Replace "{^.+>}{.+}" >> "\2 \1" RISWA
        ^!Replace ">$" >> "" RISWA
        ^!Replace "^p^p" >> "^p" ISWA
        ^!Jump DOC_START

        Alan.
      • LaurieK
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
          By Jove.... You've GOT IT!!! Oh Thank you Alan... Thank you VERY MUCH!
          You have NO CLUE how this will help!!!

          <bowing> Thank you thank you thankyou!!!

          Laurie