Ok Guru's I need HELP! Hyperlinks and Extracting URLs

  • LaurieK
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2005
      I have a listing of Hyperlinks, thing is, I need to extract the URLs and
      save them so ultimately I have a listing of the text which is the hyperlink
      and a column or listing on document (having two ntb files open, or making it
      so I can paste into Excel and it will paste in side by side array) the
      hyperlink and then the column. For instance..... notetab

      I would want this to appear as follows:

      notetab http://www.notetab.com

      Alan, you helped me in the past with the clip to erradicate tables from
      around hyperlinks to produce a numbered list (which I actually was able to
      change to bulleted ALL ON MY OWN) I'm a dunce when it comes to this
      stuff.... so please help.. clip language is just more than my old brain can
      wrap around. Thanks so much in advance for whatever help you Gurus can
      lend!

      Thanks BAZILLIONS...

      Laurie
      (aka ladyck3)
    • acummingsus
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2005
        (Perhaps?) someone already has or knows of clip that can do what you
        want? If not, to make it should not very difficult to do.

        I would tend to find

        <A HREF

        then toolbar "match bracket"

        then $getselection$

        which gives you from <A HREF to </A>

        then pick out the two needed/desired pieces. And that should work
        unless the html markup has some serious problems.
        --

        > (so as to end up with): > of the text which is the hyperlink
        > and a column or listing (on document)

        Does that mean the hyperlinked text needs to become the column on the
        left while the referenced url becones the column on the right?

        IOW do you source these from one file at a time in the typical html
        markup form of <a href which includes both a hyperlink to click on and
        a referenced url that gets visited when the hyperlink is clicked.

        What does an unconverted sample look like?

        I got it what you need as output.

        And I "think" I have it for the input but I wanted to clarify.

        Here's one from a netscape bookmark file

        <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
        <TITLE>Bookmarks</TITLE>
        <DL>
        <DT><A HREF="http://www.google.com/" LAST_VISIT="1128552644"
        LAST_CHARSET="UTF-8" ID="rdf:#$iLJTK2">Google</A>

        In that example, Google would go on the left and the url to google
        would go on the right.

        Alan.