Re: [Clip] Automagically incrementing numbers and letters

  • loro
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2005
      marbux wrote:
      >I am checking to see if I would be reinventing the wheel. Has anyone already
      >developed a clip library to deal with such issues or are there existing
      >downloadable clips I might adapt? And is it even feasible to create a
      >NoteTab regex that searches for defined character combinations and replaces
      >them with incremented numbers/letters, e.g., a tool that replicates the
      >effect of what are called "counters" on the WordPerfect platform?

      Yahoogroups have been sluggish lately so I guess 5 people have already
      answered but what the heck.

      Do you mean you want to put the same keyword/marker at spots throughout a
      document and then replace them with incremental numbers, from top to
      bottom? That should be easy enough. The below will find all instances of
      #cntr# and replace them with 1, 2, 3 and so on.
      --------------
      H="Counter"
      ^!Set %counter%=0
      :loop
      ^!Inc %counter%
      ^!Replace "#cntr#" >> "^%counter%" WS
      ^!IfError end
      ^!Goto loop

      I have a feeling I maybe miss the point and you are looking for something
      more advanced...

      Lotta