Re: [Clip] Re: RESOLVED 'Find Dialog Box' within a CLIP

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2005
      rpdooling wrote:
      > T,
      >
      > In addition to opening the library file itself and having a look as
      > the others suggested, I recall the light going on in my head when I
      > read the HELP on how to convert a normal document to an outline file,
      > because Clip Libraries are really Outline files. From NoteTab Help:
      >
      > There is a relatively quick way to convert an existing document into
      > an outline. Basically, an outline file uses the same structure as a
      > Clipbook library. To start off, create a new library file by using the
      > Tools | Clipbook | New Library menu command. This will create a new
      > document with the appropriate Clipbook header. Add the keyword Outline
      > to the header. Next, copy the document that needs converting into the
      > new library file (You can use the Document | Insert File command).
      > Then, change all the topic headings so they use the following format:
      >
      > [Blank Line]
      > H="Topic Heading"
      > [Topic Content]
      >
      > You can use the Clipbook tool to help you with this task if you have
      > many headings. Create a Clip with the following text (note that it
      > should not start or end with a blank line; otherwise the Clipbook tool
      > will be confused):
      >
      > H="^&"
      >
      > Once you've added this Clip, all you need to do now to convert a
      > heading is select it and double-click on the Clip.
      >
      > The following is an example of an outline file with three headings:
      >
      > = V5 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30
      >
      > H="Heading #1"
      > Content #1
      >
      > H="Heading #2"
      > Content #2
      >
      > H="Heading #3"
      > Content #3
      >
      > Once you've finished converting the document, choose Save As and
      > rename the file so that it uses the ".otl" extension. Close and then
      > reopen the document... That's it.
      >

      >> -T

      rpd,

      You're getting closer but an Outline header begins with =V4 and clips
      and autoreplace libraries with =V5, as the examples below. Although
      they are similar don't get the headers confused.

      = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30
      = V5 MultiLine AutoReplace TabWidth=30
      = V5 MultiLine AutoReplace NoSorting TabWidth=30
      = V4 Outline MultiLine TabWidth=30
      = V4 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

      ºvº
      05.10.11
      hrs > hsavage@...