Re: RESOLVED 'Find Dialog Box' within a CLIP

  • rpdooling
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2005
      T,

      In addition to opening the library file itself and having a look as
      the others suggested, I recall the light going on in my head when I
      read the HELP on how to convert a normal document to an outline file,
      because Clip Libraries are really Outline files. From NoteTab Help:

      There is a relatively quick way to convert an existing document into
      an outline. Basically, an outline file uses the same structure as a
      Clipbook library. To start off, create a new library file by using the
      Tools | Clipbook | New Library menu command. This will create a new
      document with the appropriate Clipbook header. Add the keyword Outline
      to the header. Next, copy the document that needs converting into the
      new library file (You can use the Document | Insert File command).
      Then, change all the topic headings so they use the following format:

      [Blank Line]
      H="Topic Heading"
      [Topic Content]

      You can use the Clipbook tool to help you with this task if you have
      many headings. Create a Clip with the following text (note that it
      should not start or end with a blank line; otherwise the Clipbook tool
      will be confused):

      H="^&"

      Once you've added this Clip, all you need to do now to convert a
      heading is select it and double-click on the Clip.

      The following is an example of an outline file with three headings:

      = V5 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

      H="Heading #1"
      Content #1

      H="Heading #2"
      Content #2

      H="Heading #3"
      Content #3

      Once you've finished converting the document, choose Save As and
      rename the file so that it uses the ".otl" extension. Close and then
      reopen the document... That's it.

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bewarefr" <bewarefr@y...> wrote:

      > Thanx Lotta,ºvº,Don
      > Hmm, each Library is one document!
      > I have to admit I wasn't looking at it like that.
      > Naturally I was thinking each CLIP was an individual 'Book' within a
      > Library!
      > Silly me!
      > Kinda makes sense though once it is pointed out to ya ;-)
      >
      > Don - Thanx for the Ctrl+A suggestion
      >
      > -T

    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2005
        rpdooling wrote:
        > T,
        >
        > In addition to opening the library file itself and having a look as
        > the others suggested, I recall the light going on in my head when I
        > read the HELP on how to convert a normal document to an outline file,
        > because Clip Libraries are really Outline files. From NoteTab Help:
        >
        > There is a relatively quick way to convert an existing document into
        > an outline. Basically, an outline file uses the same structure as a
        > Clipbook library. To start off, create a new library file by using the
        > Tools | Clipbook | New Library menu command. This will create a new
        > document with the appropriate Clipbook header. Add the keyword Outline
        > to the header. Next, copy the document that needs converting into the
        > new library file (You can use the Document | Insert File command).
        > Then, change all the topic headings so they use the following format:
        >
        > [Blank Line]
        > H="Topic Heading"
        > [Topic Content]
        >
        > You can use the Clipbook tool to help you with this task if you have
        > many headings. Create a Clip with the following text (note that it
        > should not start or end with a blank line; otherwise the Clipbook tool
        > will be confused):
        >
        > H="^&"
        >
        > Once you've added this Clip, all you need to do now to convert a
        > heading is select it and double-click on the Clip.
        >
        > The following is an example of an outline file with three headings:
        >
        > = V5 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30
        >
        > H="Heading #1"
        > Content #1
        >
        > H="Heading #2"
        > Content #2
        >
        > H="Heading #3"
        > Content #3
        >
        > Once you've finished converting the document, choose Save As and
        > rename the file so that it uses the ".otl" extension. Close and then
        > reopen the document... That's it.
        >

        >> -T

        rpd,

        You're getting closer but an Outline header begins with =V4 and clips
        and autoreplace libraries with =V5, as the examples below. Although
        they are similar don't get the headers confused.

        = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30
        = V5 MultiLine AutoReplace TabWidth=30
        = V5 MultiLine AutoReplace NoSorting TabWidth=30
        = V4 Outline MultiLine TabWidth=30
        = V4 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

        ºvº
        05.10.11
        hrs > hsavage@...