RESOLVED 'Find Dialog Box' within a CLIP

  • bewarefr
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2005
      Thanx Lotta,ºvº,Don
      Hmm, each Library is one document!
      I have to admit I wasn't looking at it like that.
      Naturally I was thinking each CLIP was an individual 'Book' within a
      Library!
      Silly me!
      Kinda makes sense though once it is pointed out to ya ;-)

      Don - Thanx for the Ctrl+A suggestion

      -T
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2005
        bewarefr wrote:
        > Thanx Lotta,ºvº,Don
        > Hmm, each Library is one document!
        > I have to admit I wasn't looking at it like that.
        > Naturally I was thinking each CLIP was an individual 'Book' within a
        > Library!
        > Silly me!
        > Kinda makes sense though once it is pointed out to ya ;-)
        >
        > Don - Thanx for the Ctrl+A suggestion
        >
        > -T
        T, you are welcome.

        Yes, in fact they are just plain text files sitting in your library
        folder. You can open them up and manually edit them. Once you do that
        it makes sense. Each one starts with a particular line. It will all
        make sense after you open one of them up. In fact, I often open one as
        a document if I am writing a new clip as I copy many parts over and over
        from clip to clip, such as:
        1. record word wrap status, turn it off, return to original state
        2. ending routines (clear variables, screen update on, return cursor to
        starting position)
        3. starting routines (clear variables, screen update off, record cursor
        position, etc.)
        4. find and replace routines
        and so forth.

        As Lotta says, you haven't clipped until you do a find and replace on a
        whole Library when you wanted it just on a small section of one clip.
        Especially if what you replaced took out all of the line breaks!

        Great little programs! I love notetab.

        Don
      • rpdooling
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2005
          T,

          In addition to opening the library file itself and having a look as
          the others suggested, I recall the light going on in my head when I
          read the HELP on how to convert a normal document to an outline file,
          because Clip Libraries are really Outline files. From NoteTab Help:

          There is a relatively quick way to convert an existing document into
          an outline. Basically, an outline file uses the same structure as a
          Clipbook library. To start off, create a new library file by using the
          Tools | Clipbook | New Library menu command. This will create a new
          document with the appropriate Clipbook header. Add the keyword Outline
          to the header. Next, copy the document that needs converting into the
          new library file (You can use the Document | Insert File command).
          Then, change all the topic headings so they use the following format:

          [Blank Line]
          H="Topic Heading"
          [Topic Content]

          You can use the Clipbook tool to help you with this task if you have
          many headings. Create a Clip with the following text (note that it
          should not start or end with a blank line; otherwise the Clipbook tool
          will be confused):

          H="^&"

          Once you've added this Clip, all you need to do now to convert a
          heading is select it and double-click on the Clip.

          The following is an example of an outline file with three headings:

          = V5 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

          H="Heading #1"
          Content #1

          H="Heading #2"
          Content #2

          H="Heading #3"
          Content #3

          Once you've finished converting the document, choose Save As and
          rename the file so that it uses the ".otl" extension. Close and then
          reopen the document... That's it.

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "bewarefr" <bewarefr@y...> wrote:

          > Thanx Lotta,ºvº,Don
          > Hmm, each Library is one document!
          > I have to admit I wasn't looking at it like that.
          > Naturally I was thinking each CLIP was an individual 'Book' within a
          > Library!
          > Silly me!
          > Kinda makes sense though once it is pointed out to ya ;-)
          >
          > Don - Thanx for the Ctrl+A suggestion
          >
          > -T

        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 11, 2005
            rpdooling wrote:
            > T,
            >
            > In addition to opening the library file itself and having a look as
            > the others suggested, I recall the light going on in my head when I
            > read the HELP on how to convert a normal document to an outline file,
            > because Clip Libraries are really Outline files. From NoteTab Help:
            >
            > There is a relatively quick way to convert an existing document into
            > an outline. Basically, an outline file uses the same structure as a
            > Clipbook library. To start off, create a new library file by using the
            > Tools | Clipbook | New Library menu command. This will create a new
            > document with the appropriate Clipbook header. Add the keyword Outline
            > to the header. Next, copy the document that needs converting into the
            > new library file (You can use the Document | Insert File command).
            > Then, change all the topic headings so they use the following format:
            >
            > [Blank Line]
            > H="Topic Heading"
            > [Topic Content]
            >
            > You can use the Clipbook tool to help you with this task if you have
            > many headings. Create a Clip with the following text (note that it
            > should not start or end with a blank line; otherwise the Clipbook tool
            > will be confused):
            >
            > H="^&"
            >
            > Once you've added this Clip, all you need to do now to convert a
            > heading is select it and double-click on the Clip.
            >
            > The following is an example of an outline file with three headings:
            >
            > = V5 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30
            >
            > H="Heading #1"
            > Content #1
            >
            > H="Heading #2"
            > Content #2
            >
            > H="Heading #3"
            > Content #3
            >
            > Once you've finished converting the document, choose Save As and
            > rename the file so that it uses the ".otl" extension. Close and then
            > reopen the document... That's it.
            >

            >> -T

            rpd,

            You're getting closer but an Outline header begins with =V4 and clips
            and autoreplace libraries with =V5, as the examples below. Although
            they are similar don't get the headers confused.

            = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30
            = V5 MultiLine AutoReplace TabWidth=30
            = V5 MultiLine AutoReplace NoSorting TabWidth=30
            = V4 Outline MultiLine TabWidth=30
            = V4 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

            ºvº
            05.10.11
            hrs > hsavage@...