Re: [Clip] re: autonaming files

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2005
      tuxtyro wrote:
      > So, if i understand this correctly the follwing clip will select the
      > first line, which will need to be abreviated, and redirect the results
      > to Save As, which is the desired effect; am i close? This is new to
      > me, having only been introduced to command processing again this past
      > year; and i don't use it enough to be comfortable or competent, yet.
      > Thanks for getting me going in the right direction.
      >
      > ^$GetLine(1)$ > ^!Save [AS]
      >
      > This only inserts the first line into the document, it doesn't save it
      > as. Closer, but no cigar.
      > Help!
      > Thanks.

      tux,

      Try this, it uses the entire first text line as the filename. It can
      probably be tweaked to shorten the name, also to overcome the
      possibility of the first line containing a restricted character.

      H="Save As First Line"
      ;_Modified-Updated~Created
      ;_20051010_12:21:51p_hsavage@...
      ; edit next line to reflect your starting_folder' preference
      ^!Set %path%=^?{(T=D)Choose Path To Save Files=C:\+r2rweb\lists\}
      ^!Set %line1%=^$GetLine(1)$
      ^!Save AS "^%path%^%line1%"

      ºvº
      05.10.10