re: autonaming files

  • tuxtyro
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2005
      So, if i understand this correctly the follwing clip will select the
      first line, which will need to be abreviated, and redirect the results
      to Save As, which is the desired effect; am i close? This is new to
      me, having only been introduced to command processing again this past
      year; and i don't use it enough to be comfortable or competent, yet.
      Thanks for getting me going in the right direction.

      ^$GetLine(1)$ > ^!Save [AS]

      This only inserts the first line into the document, it doesn't save it
      as. Closer, but no cigar.
      Help!
      Thanks.
    • loro
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 10, 2005
        tuxtyro wrote:
        >^$GetLine(1)$ > ^!Save [AS]
        >
        >This only inserts the first line into the document, it doesn't save it
        >as. Closer, but no cigar.
        >Help!

        Try something like so:

        ^!Set %name%=^$GetLine(1)$
        ^!Save As ^?{(T=S;F="Text Files (*.txt)")==^%name%}

        Closer? :-)

        Lotta
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2005
          tuxtyro wrote:
          > So, if i understand this correctly the follwing clip will select the
          > first line, which will need to be abreviated, and redirect the results
          > to Save As, which is the desired effect; am i close? This is new to
          > me, having only been introduced to command processing again this past
          > year; and i don't use it enough to be comfortable or competent, yet.
          > Thanks for getting me going in the right direction.
          >
          > ^$GetLine(1)$ > ^!Save [AS]
          >
          > This only inserts the first line into the document, it doesn't save it
          > as. Closer, but no cigar.
          > Help!
          > Thanks.

          tux,

          Try this, it uses the entire first text line as the filename. It can
          probably be tweaked to shorten the name, also to overcome the
          possibility of the first line containing a restricted character.

          H="Save As First Line"
          ;_Modified-Updated~Created
          ;_20051010_12:21:51p_hsavage@...
          ; edit next line to reflect your starting_folder' preference
          ^!Set %path%=^?{(T=D)Choose Path To Save Files=C:\+r2rweb\lists\}
          ^!Set %line1%=^$GetLine(1)$
          ^!Save AS "^%path%^%line1%"

          ºvº
          05.10.10