otl problem

  • dave
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
      Hi list
      When I change to all caps on the left hand side of the otl below it changes
      the to caps and then jumps to the next topic contents. The clip is below and
      if the otl below is saved it should behave the way described when the clip
      is run.

      = V4 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

      H=" Ggfgf15"

      aaaaaaaaaaaa : electric
      aaaaaaaaaaaa : bass
      aaaaaaaaaa : drum
      dave holland: bass
      elvin jones: drums
      bill frisell : electric

      H=" asd fg16"

      bill frisell : electric and acoups
      aaaaaaaaaaaa : bass
      aaaaaaaaaaaa jones : drum
      aaaaaaaaaaaa : electric ops
      aaaaaaaaaaaa : bass
      aaaaaaaaaa : drum

      H=" asd fg17"

      bill frisell : electric and acoops
      aaaaaaaaaaaa : bass
      aaaaaaaaaaaa : electric aps
      aaaaaaaaaaaa : bass
      aaaaaaaaaa : drum

      and the clip
      H="UpperCase :"
      ^!ClearVariable %lastline%
      ^!ClearVariable %N%
      ^!Set %TI%=^$GetTopicIndex$
      ^!SET %N%=1
      ^!Set %lastline%=^$GetLineCount$
      :START
      ^!Find "\D*\:" SIR
      ^!MENU Modify/Text Case/Upper Case
      ^!INC %N%
      ^!IfDiff ^$GetTopicIndex$ ^%TI% EXIT
      ^!IF ^%N% => ^%lastline% NEXT ESLE START
      :EXIT

      THANKYOU DAVE
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
        dave wrote:
        > Hi list
        > When I change to all caps on the left hand side of the otl below it
        changes
        > the to caps and then jumps to the next topic contents. The clip is
        below and
        > if the otl below is saved it should behave the way described when the
        clip
        > is run.
        >
        > = V4 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30
        >
        > H=" Ggfgf15"
        >

        > aaaaaaaaaaaa : electric
        > aaaaaaaaaaaa : bass
        > aaaaaaaaaa : drum
        > dave holland: bass
        > elvin jones: drums
        > bill frisell : electric
        >

        > H=" asd fg16"
        >

        > bill frisell : electric and acoups
        > aaaaaaaaaaaa : bass
        > aaaaaaaaaaaa jones : drum
        > aaaaaaaaaaaa : electric ops
        > aaaaaaaaaaaa : bass
        > aaaaaaaaaa : drum
        >

        > H=" asd fg17"
        >

        > bill frisell : electric and acoops
        > aaaaaaaaaaaa : bass
        > aaaaaaaaaaaa : electric aps
        > aaaaaaaaaaaa : bass
        > aaaaaaaaaa : drum
        >

        > and the clip
        > H="UpperCase :"
        > ^!ClearVariable %lastline%
        > ^!ClearVariable %N%
        > ^!Set %TI%=^$GetTopicIndex$
        > ^!SET %N%=1
        > ^!Set %lastline%=^$GetLineCount$
        > :START
        > ^!Find "\D*\:" SIR
        > ^!MENU Modify/Text Case/Upper Case
        > ^!INC %N%
        > ^!IfDiff ^$GetTopicIndex$ ^%TI% EXIT
        > ^!IF ^%N% => ^%lastline% NEXT ESLE START
        > :EXIT
        >
        > THANKYOU DAVE

        The clip below will alter each topic in turn as below and park on the
        topic title of the following topic waiting to be run again..

        H=" Ggfgf15"

        AAAAAAAAAAAA : electric
        AAAAAAAAAAAA : bass
        AAAAAAAAAA : drum
        DAVE HOLLAND: bass
        ELVIN JONES: drums
        BILL FRISELL : electric

        H="UpperCase :"
        ; the top 2 lines are redundant, you're setting each to a specific
        ; value which will replace any previous assignment
        ;^!ClearVariable %lastline%
        ;^!ClearVariable %n%
        ;
        ^!Set %ti%=^$GetTopicIndex$
        ^!SET %n%=0
        ^!Set %lastline%=^$GetLineCount$
        :START
        ^!Inc %n%
        ^!Find "\D*\:" SIR
        ; you need this exit line
        ^!IfError EXIT
        ; this line was in wrong place, clip would change 1st entry in
        ; next record when below the menu/modify line
        ^!IfDiff ^$GetTopicIndex$ ^%TI% EXIT
        ^!Menu Modify/Text Case/Upper Case
        ; ELSE was misspelled in this line
        ^!IF ^%n% => ^%lastline% NEXT ELSE START
        :EXIT

        ºvº
        05.10.07
        hrs > hsavage@...
      • dave
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2005
          Hi hsavage
          thankyou it now works.
          THANKYOU DAVE

> [...]

          BILL FRISELL : electric

          H="UpperCase :"
          ; the top 2 lines are redundant, you're setting each to a specific
          ; value which will replace any previous assignment
          ;^!ClearVariable %lastline%
          ;^!ClearVariable %n%
          ;
          ^!Set %ti%=^$GetTopicIndex$
          ^!SET %n%=0
          ^!Set %lastline%=^$GetLineCount$
          :START
          ^!Inc %n%
          ^!Find "\D*\:" SIR
          ; you need this exit line
          ^!IfError EXIT
          ; this line was in wrong place, clip would change 1st entry in
          ; next record when below the menu/modify line
          ^!IfDiff ^$GetTopicIndex$ ^%TI% EXIT
          ^!Menu Modify/Text Case/Upper Case
          ; ELSE was misspelled in this line
          ^!IF ^%n% => ^%lastline% NEXT ELSE START

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Robert Kelsey
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 8, 2005
            Hello Everyone,

            I thought I had a clip that did this, but it seems I only have a clip that
            will rename the file extension.

            I have many, many files that i want to put online that are named such as:

            state-class.php

            That I need to rename to:

            state-anotherclass.php

            Seems like this should be an easy thing to do, but I'm dead in the water on
            this project since it will take me hours to rename all the files.

            Any good ideas?

            --BK
          • abairheart
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 8, 2005
              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kelsey <rdkelsey1113@n...>
              wrote:

              > Hello Everyone,
              >
              > I thought I had a clip that did this, but it seems I only have a
              clip that
              > will rename the file extension.
              >
              > I have many, many files that i want to put online that are named
              such as:

              > state-class.php
              >
              > That I need to rename to:
              >
              > state-anotherclass.php

              You havn't provided enough info to give a specific answer, but start
              by collecting all filenames into a text file (using Notetab's
              GetFiles function or the DOS "DIR path\filespec /s > filelist.txt"
              command), load that file into Notetab, and create a rename command
              for each line, using search / replace.

              Alternatively you could use a clip to load each line, separate the
              filename into its component parts, rename the file from the clip, and
              go on to the next file.

              Abair
            • Robert Kelsey
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 9, 2005
                Thanks for the reply Abair,

                But you completely lost me on this one. I can't seem to find the "GetFiles"
                function.

                I'll probably go ahead and just rename all the files to get this done,
                although I'll have to do it again with this project in the future.

                What I have are situations like such as 50 files each named with the two
                letter US State abbreviation, that I need to rename to the spelled out
                state name.

                Some files have other words in the filenames also. So I may have
                ny-records.php or ny-data.php and I have to save as to new-york-records.php
                and new-york-data.php.

                I am creating additional files, and the originals are kept.

                Thanks, I'll keep trying to get the "Get" function.

                --BK

                At 04:57 PM10/8/2005, you wrote:
                >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kelsey <rdkelsey1113@n...>
                >wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello Everyone,
                > >
                > > I thought I had a clip that did this, but it seems I only have a
                >clip that
                > > will rename the file extension.
                > >
                > > I have many, many files that i want to put online that are named
                >such as:
                > >
                > > state-class.php
                > >
                > > That I need to rename to:
                > >
                > > state-anotherclass.php
                > >

                >You havn't provided enough info to give a specific answer, but start
                >by collecting all filenames into a text file (using Notetab's
                >GetFiles function or the DOS "DIR path\filespec /s > filelist.txt"
                >command), load that file into Notetab, and create a rename command
                >for each line, using search / replace.
                >
                >Alternatively you could use a clip to load each line, separate the
                >filename into its component parts, rename the file from the clip, and
                >go on to the next file.
                >

                >Abair
                >

                >Fookes Software: <http://www.fookes.us,>http://www.fookes.us,
                >http://www.fookes.com
                >Fookes Software Mailing Lists:
                ><http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm>http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

                >program software
                ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Construction+software+program&w1=Affiliate+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+program&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Estate+program+real+software&w6=Software+development+program&c=6&s=198&.sig=F3LkPjhe1MkJ4Fq3QQZwUA>Construction
                >software program
                ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Medical+software+program&w1=Affiliate+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+program&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Estate+program+real+software&w6=Software+development+program&c=6&s=198&.sig=AwyI7nQBuf_OuJksGRgsXA>Medical
                >software program
                ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Accounting+software+program&w1=Affiliate+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+program&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Estate+program+real+software&w6=Software+development+program&c=6&s=198&.sig=VzCxLFHTZiHmXsWEP_djZQ>Accounting
                >software program
                ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Estate+program+real+software&w1=Affiliate+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+program&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Estate+program+real+software&w6=Software+development+program&c=6&s=198&.sig=lMTrEr4oqbyRycvw8--w5g>Estate
                >program real software
                ><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Software+development+program&w1=Affiliate+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+program&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Estate+program+real+software&w6=Software+development+program&c=6&s=198&.sig=DOR5xh8pu5s-DHxW2MQDrA>Software
> [...]
              • abairheart
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 14, 2005

                  > What I have are situations like such as 50 files each named with
                  the two
                  > letter US State abbreviation, that I need to rename to the spelled
                  out
                  > state name.

                  I don't know if the ^$GetFiles function is missing from any NoteTab
                  versions. If yes, it's time to fork over the measly twenty bucks for
                  the PRO version.

                  To find a function, use the SECOND entry in NoteTab's HELP menu.
                  Click on the Index tab, enter the function name (including the "^$"
                  preceding it) into the window and press ENTER. If you don't get a
                  match, start removing letters from the ned of the function. Or scroll
                  through the index list.

                  Never mind all the DOS stuff. IF you can predict, where the state
                  abbreviation is located in the filename, and what the rest of the
                  filename is (for example "XX_pattern.dat", where XX is the state
                  abbreviation) you can use NoteTab to rename the files.

                  You'll have to build two arrays, associated with each other by their
                  index. One array to hold the state abbreviation, the other the full
                  name.

                  Then loop through the states, generate the current filename in the
                  clip, then find the file that matches it, and rename it with
                  NoteTab's rename function. Something like the following (I don't
                  have NoteTab handy):

                  ^!Set %pattern%=non-state-code-part-without-extension
                  ^!Set %path%=^?{(T=D)Browse to the desired folder}
                  ^!Set %ext%=^?{type the file extension w/o the period}
                  ^!Set %i%=0
                  :LOOP
                  ^!Inc %i%
                  ^!Set %oldname%=^%stateCode^%i%%^%pattern%.^%ext%
                  ^!Set %newname%=^%stateName^%i%%^%pattern%.^%ext%
                  ^!IfFileExist ^%path%^%oldname% SKIP
                  ^!Goto ERROR
                  ^!Rename ...
                  ^!If ^%i%<50 LOOP
                  ^!Goto END

                  :ERROR
                  whatever

                  You'll have to look at the code, fill in what's missing, and change
                  it to suit yourself.

                  Abair