Re: [Clip] Re: MakeShortcut command

  • dave
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi Michael
      the icon is only a picture for you to click on , it has nothing to do with
      the shortcut , you can make your own icons if you wish .

      THANYOU DAVE
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2005
        Dave,

        Icons, of course, are merely graphics that can be created with many
        applications. However, one or more icons are embedded in exe's and one
        is the default used when shortcuts are created.

        The thing Michael is referring to is that there is a property of the
        shortcut that can refer to a specific icon. Notetab's ^!MakeShortcut
        command does not allow one to control this. Because of this, one is
        limited to the default shortcut of the executable or file type referred
        to. The only recourse is to script a complex clip to change the icon via
        ^!Keyboard commands, or do it manually (Right-click the shortcut,
        left-click Properties, go to the Shortcut tab and click the Change Icon
        button, then navigate to and select the desired icon, etc.).

        The scripting utility AutoIt, as well as other tools, do allow one to
        specify the desired icon, with their create shortcut command.

        It is this functionality, plus some others related to shortcuts that I
        and others would like to be able to do with the ^!MakeShortcut command.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
        Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

        dave wrote:

        >Hi Michael
        >the icon is only a picture for you to click on , it has nothing to do with
        >the shortcut , you can make your own icons if you wish .
        >
        > THANYOU DAVE

      • dave
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2005
          Hi
          If the sendto list is what he means then you can have any of the icons that
          XP or 98 internally or you can make your own and use them.

          THANYOU DAVE