Re: [Clip] MakeShortcut command

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2005
      Jamal,

      THANKS! I had heard of Auto-It, but I had not seen it for a few years.
      It is now much better than it was! I really like the ability to create
      stand-alone exes! I already built a hard-coded script to do what I need,
      in just five minutes. Now I will build one to ask for parameters, etc.

      I can see so many possibilities for the support role. If we cannot
      establish a remote connection to fix a problem, we can make a script,
      compile it, and email it to the client. This will allow us techs to
      solve many problems that the programmers do not have time to worry
      about. I can even build a GUI for some perl data conversion scripts I
      made, since the one who uses them can never remember how to use the
      character menu I made.

      We better take any further discussion to the NT Off-Topic List.

      This helped make my day. I have not had much enthusiasm for work for
      quite some time. Solving a long standing problem and having a new
      flexible tool to help with many types of issues, makes it fun again.
      That's one thing that I really like about the NoteTab lists!

      Larry Hamilton
      Kairos Computer Solutions
      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
      Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus