Project files

  • auld_reeky
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2005
      I'm hoping that I'm not a complete idiot but I can't figure out how to
      load multiple files automatically when a clipbook library opens. I can
      open a library and manually click on all the files to open them with:

      ^!Open "W:\file_1.php"
      ^!Open "W:\file_2.php"
      ^!Open "W:\file_3.php"
      ^!Open "W:\file_4.php"

      Is this even possible???

      Thanks!
    • loro
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2005
        auld_reeky wrote:
        >I'm hoping that I'm not a complete idiot but I can't figure out how to
        >load multiple files automatically when a clipbook library opens. I can
        >open a library and manually click on all the files to open them with:
        >
        >^!Open "W:\file_1.php"
        >^!Open "W:\file_2.php"
        >^!Open "W:\file_3.php"
        >^!Open "W:\file_4.php"
        >
        >Is this even possible???

        Yup. Take a look at the Events section in Clip Help (me wants more events!).

        You can do this.
        ----------------------
        OnOpen
        ^!Open "W:\file_1.php";"W:\file_2.php";"W:\file_3.php"
        ----------------------

        If you want to keep the clips that load individual files you could do it
        like so.
        ----------------------
        H="OnOpen"
        ^!Clip "File 1"
        ^!Clip "File 2"
        ^!Clip "File 3"

        H="File 1"
        ^!Open "W:\file_1.php"

        H="File 2"
        ^!Open "W:\file_2.php"

        H="File 3"
        ^!Open "W:\file_3.php"
        ----------------------

        Lotta
      • Don Daugherty
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2005
          auld_reeky wrote:

          >I'm hoping that I'm not a complete idiot but I can't figure out how to
          >load multiple files automatically when a clipbook library opens. I can
          >open a library and manually click on all the files to open them with:
          >
          >^!Open "W:\file_1.php"
          >^!Open "W:\file_2.php"
          >^!Open "W:\file_3.php"
          >^!Open "W:\file_4.php"
          >
          >Is this even possible???

          If you want exactly four files, as named above then loro has your
          answer. If you're looking for a more general solution, you might want
          to expand his idea with use of the following functions:
          *^$GetFileFirst(FilePath;FileSpecs[;SortingOrder])$**
          ^$GetFileNext$
          I believe the first function, **based on the path and filename specs
          used**, generates both a (hidden) list of files and the first file name
          on the list.
          Thus your "OnOpen" clip could be generalized to contain something like
          ^!Set %MyPath%=**"C:\MyFiles\"*
          *^!Set %N%=1
          ^!Set %File^%N%%=^$GetFileFirst("^%MyPath%";"*.*")$
          **:Repeat1
          **^!If **"^%File^%N%%"="" **NowOpenFiles*
          *^!Inc %N%
          **^!Set %File^%N%%=^$GetFileNext$
          ^!GoTo Repeat1
          :NowOpenFiles