Re: [Clip] WAS:How do I get array data back New problem

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 14, 2005
      On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:41:15 +0200, Bauke P. de Vries wrote:
      > Thank you all for your information!
      >
      > I learn a lot this way. My clip now is functioning.

      Great!

      > I'm trying to write a clip to append a row from one file to another
      > file. The "to"-file's name is based on the first field of the row in the
      > "from"-file. The "from"-file has about 250 rows and for every row there
      > should be a "to"-file. Must be checked.
      >
      > Just one little problem left:
      > I want the "to"-file checked for duplicate rows (after coping the new
      > row).

      How are you "copying" new row? I asked because, if you can, it might be easy to "ready" the new row but to then use a variable inside the find command to search for dupes (in doc if it is a doc) and to then "copy" or not "copy" new row as desired.

      There is great multiplicity of differing ways in which to do what you want. But the easiest to get to where you want is dependent upon what you already have right now.

      So if you shared/share some sample lines of the "to" and "from" files (include a few unwanted duplicate lines) along with the clip that you are using at this point, it would help us better contrive some possibilities that would work for you.

      > Here a duplicate row is a row where the first two fields (name,
      > date) are the same.
      > Only the last one of the dupl. rows should be kept.

      Alan.