Re: [Clip] Processing word documents

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2005
      John Parsons wrote:
      > Hi
      > Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I don't have access to a copy
      of word.
      > Any other suggestions?
      >
      > Many thanks
      >
      > John

      John,

      Since you don't have access to Word here is a short clip I worked out to
      help with the plain text conversions.

      I've pasted a copy below and sometimes in email longer lines get wrapped
      and shouldn't be.

      I separated the long lines with semi-colons(comment markers) so they'll
      be easier to locate. If you get them unwrapped correctly the clip works.

      You must place the files to convert into a folder separate from your
      other .docfiles. This clip works on any .docfile in the folder you choose.

      It works by copying each .doc to a .txt and allows it to load into
      NoteTab, it then removes the read-only status assigned by NoteTab and
      allows you to edit the file with no other dialogs popping up.

      I've mainly be working on the mechanics of loading the files with no
      interference but you still have to remove the Word headers and footers
      by manually deleting them.

      You may want to restrict the number of files you copy into the work
      folder for each session, as each file is converted it is loaded into
      NoteTab.

      H="Doc To Text"
      ^!ClearVariables
      ;
      ^!Set %path%=^?{(T=D)Folder Containing Subject Files=C:\+r2rweb\lists\}
      ;
      ^!SetListDelimiter ;
      ^!Set %files%="^$GetFiles("^%path%";*.doc)$"
      ^!SetArray %doc%="^%files%"
      ^!Set %loop%=0; %count%=^%doc0%
      :LOOP
      ^!Inc %loop%
      ;
      ^!Set %tmpPath%="^$GetPath(^%doc^%loop%%)$^$GetName(^%doc^%loop%%)$.txt"
      ;
      ^!Dos Copy "^%doc^%loop%%" "^%tmpPath%"
      ^!Delay 2
      ;
      ^!Open "^$GetPath(^%doc^%loop%%)$^$GetName(^%doc^%loop%%)$.txt"
      ;
      ^!Menu Document/Read-Only
      ^!If ^%loop% < ^%count% LOOP

      ºvº