Re: Utilities: strip HTML not working?

  • Carol Whitney
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 11, 2005
      At 14:45 05-09-10 -0500, Jody wrote:

      >It is working here. Do you have correct HTML coding for the header?
      >Are they .htm/.html file extensions?

      I copied my pages to another directory, opened those in NoteTab Pro,
      used the HTML-to-text Utility - and wow; it did the job instantly and
      Practically Perfectly!

      Learn something new every day! Especially, when I ask, haha! Thanks
      again!

      Sun, 11 Sep 2005 05:58:52
      Carol Whitney
      http://www.coherentdog.org/
      *** I receive plain text only. To attach a file, notify me first. ***
    • John
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 12, 2005
        Carol Whitney wrote:

        > .. I don't have a working printer, so now I
        > need to learn how to make a print media .CSS (external), with no
        > printer <g>.

        If you want a .css file to allow a print version
        (in black & white) of a page, I can send you one.
        It's not something I wrote, it happened to
        appear in a mag ..
        John
      • Jamal Mazrui
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 12, 2005
          Are you loading the whole HTML source file into NoteTab (e.g., from
          reliably.

          I have converted many different HTML files. NoteTab does better
          conversions to text than any tool I've tried, which are several in
          number.

          Jamal

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 14, 2005
            Hi Carol,

            >> It is working here. Do you have correct HTML coding for the
            >> header? Are they .htm/.html file extensions?
            >
            >I copied my pages to another directory, opened those in NoteTab
            >Pro, used the HTML-to-text Utility - and wow; it did the job
            >instantly and Practically Perfectly!

            Great! You can also put the two strip HTML features (keep urls or
            not) icons on the Toolbar or your Shortcut menu (right click in
            document) so that you do not have to go to the Utilities Library
            all the time. Go to View | Options and the Toolbar/Shortcut tab
            respectfully. (They aren't named exactly the same as the Modify
            menu, but you will find them and then only have to remember which
            one does what. <g>

            http://www.sojourner.us/software
          • HT_LING
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 14, 2005

              > >> It is working here. Do you have correct HTML coding for the
              > >> header? Are they .htm/.html file extensions?
              > >
              > >I copied my pages to another directory, opened those in NoteTab
              > >Pro, used the HTML-to-text Utility - and wow; it did the job
              > >instantly and Practically Perfectly!

              If the document is not saved with all the html formalities (i.e. a "fake" html doc), wouldn't it
              work just with SELECT ALL, Shift+Ctrl+T (Remove All Tags) or by a single click on the Strip Tags
              icon if it is on the toolbar?

              -ht
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 14, 2005
                Hi HT, Carol, and Others,

                >>> I copied my pages to another directory, opened those in
                >>> NoteTab Pro, used the HTML-to-text Utility - and wow; it did
                >>> the job instantly and Practically Perfectly!
                >
                >If the document is not saved with all the html formalities (i.e.
                >a "fake" html doc), wouldn't it work just with SELECT ALL,
                >Shift+Ctrl+T (Remove All Tags) or by a single click on the Strip
                >Tags icon if it is on the toolbar?

                That's a good point! Even though I strip html from selected text
                every now and then, I forgot about it when posting. <g> Thanks
                for the reminder.

                http://www.sojourner.us/software