Re: [Clip] EMBED to OBJECT and EMBED

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2005
      Chris Valentine wrote:
      > I've managed to create a clip that can search for <EMBED> tags in an
      > HTML file, copy the parameters, then replace it with an <OBJECT> with
      > <EMBED> inside.
      >
      > ^!Replace "<embed src=\"{[a-zA-Z0-9-_./^"]+}\" width=\"{[0-9]+}\"
      > height=\"{[0-9]+}\" autoplay=\"{[a-zA-Z]+}\"
      >
      > What I'm wondering now is, what happens if the parameters to the
      > original <EMBED> tag are in a different order? I know that as it
      > stands, it won't actually find the existing tag, but is there a way to
      > get it to ignore the order?
      >
      > BTW I should say that the HTML here is not necessarily going to pass
      > any kind of validation!
      >
      > Chris.

      Chris,

      From the other responses there must be an easier, more efficient way to
      do this!

      Can you copy and paste an <embed> string before altering and also the
      same string after adding the object tags, the better to see what you're
      doing?

      ºvº
      05.09.09
      hrs > hsavage@...
    • Chris Valentine
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2005
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Valentine" <orders@h...> wrote:

        > What I'm wondering now is, what happens if the parameters to the
        > original <EMBED> tag are in a different order?

        Whilst I haven't tried this yet, I think what I need to do is to do a
        series of searches to grab all the expected parameters one by one and
        stuff them into variables, then construct the new tags from scratch,
        as it were.

        Chris.