RE: [Clip] Determining Active INI Filename?

  • Jamal Mazrui
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2005
      Thanks--that helps me understand the cause of the problem!

      I have not logged in as a different user, but I have run clips from the
      command line with another program while NoteTab is open. I did notice
      that NoteTab retrieved a different AppData shell folder value within a
      clip in that case, so apparently Windows treats the other program
      running the clip as a different user name. In fact, I recall the user
      name being something like "Local Service" on one computer exhibiting
      this problem.

      Can you think of a way around the problem? I still want to be able to
      run clips via the command line while NoteTab is open.

      Jamal

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 3, 2005
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Jamal Mazrui" <Jamal.Mazrui@f...>
        wrote:

        > Can you think of a way around the problem? I still want to be able to
        > run clips via the command line while NoteTab is open.

        I've sorta learned to live with it -- it's never been much of an issue
        with me, but if you know how to change ownership of a file, then that
        may be the solution. "Take ownership" in the personality, that you want
        access in.

        Another way might be to recreate the file deliberately, using the logon
        personality, that you want to give control to.

        I'm fairly sure, that the problem is a Windows problem, rather than a
        NoteTab problem.

        Abair