special variables

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 26, 2005
      Every stinking time I want to find the special variables in notetab I
      spend a half hour looking for them. They are in help somewhere, but you
      cannot search for them as they are disallowed characters in Help.
      ^## for example I think refers to the current file?

      Where are they please?

      Is there a list of them?
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 26, 2005
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...> wrote:
        > Every stinking time I want to find the special variables in notetab I
        > spend a half hour looking for them. They are in help somewhere, but you
        > cannot search for them as they are disallowed characters in Help.
        > ^## for example I think refers to the current file?
        >
        > Where are they please?
        >
        > Is there a list of them?

        That's why I made my own custom NoteTab help file years ago Don. :)

        The page you want to look at is in the Help Topics help file (not the clips help) in the "Clip Basics" section.

        Below is a cut and paste from my personal help file regarding this subject.

        John

        NoteTab Tokens

        ^T = Tab ($09)

        ^B = Page break ($0C)

        ^P = Paragraph (carriage-return/line-feed pair)

        ^C = Carriage-return ($0D)

        ^L = Line-feed ($0A)

        ^& = Current cursor location or the selected text.

        ^* = Specifies current document name without its extension. If the document has been changed since it was last saved, ^* returns a temporary document name.

        ^** = Represents the entire path and full name of the current document.
        For example, if you want to open the current document in MS-Write, you would use the following command:
        ^!write.exe ^**

        ^## = Documents that have not been saved are stored in a temporary file when this type of command is used. The temporary file is then substituted for the document name. If you do not want NoteTab to create a temporary file in this case, then substitute the asterisk character "*" with a "#". For example:
        ^## gets the path for the focused saved file even if the file needs saving (except for a file that has never been saved).
        ^!write.exe ^##

        ^# = Same as ^## but without the extension.
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 26, 2005
          if I have a variable that contains this

          blank line
          blank line
          this is a fine day
          blank line
          this is a tuesday
          blank line
          blank line

          and I want to remove the first and last two blank lines ... but leave
          any blank lines within the content ...
          what is the best way I should go about this? Regex? Is there a trim
          function that would do it?

          Thanks in advance.
        • Hugo Paulissen
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 26, 2005
            Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:

            >if I have a variable that contains this
            >
            >blank line
            >blank line
            >this is a fine day
            >blank line
            >this is a tuesday
            >blank line
            >blank line
            >
            >and I want to remove the first and last two blank lines ... but leave
            >any blank lines within the content ...
            >what is the best way I should go about this? Regex? Is there a trim
            >function that would do it?

            Nice question Don,

            You could try it along these lines...

            ^!Set %Var%="^$GetSelection$"
            ;^!INFO ^$StrPos("^%NL%";"^%VAR%";0)$
            ;^!INFO ^$StrPosRight("^%NL%";"^%VAR%";0)$
            ^!Set %INDEX%=^$StrPos("^%NL%";"^%VAR%";0)$
            ^!Set %AMOUNT%=^$StrPosRight("^%NL%";"^%VAR%";0)$
            ^!Set %Var%=^$StrCopy("^%VAR";^%Index%;^$CALC(^%AMOUNT%-1)$)$

            The selection is what you describe...

            Hugo
          • abairheart
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 27, 2005
              wrote:
              > blank line
              > blank line
              > this is a fine day
              > blank line
              > this is a tuesday
              > blank line
              > blank line

              As long as the pattern is always the same (remove two blank lines
              anywhere, and leave single blank lines untouched):

              ^!Set %variable%=^$StrReplace("^%nl%^%nl%";"";"^%variable%";0;0)$

              You simply replace all double EOLs with nothing.
              Note: check my code for syntax (I may have missed a switch in
              StrReplace)

              Abair
            • Don - htmlfixit.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 1, 2005
                abairheart wrote:
                > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...>
                > wrote:

                >>blank line
                >>blank line
                >>this is a fine day
                >>blank line
                >>this is a tuesday
                >>blank line
                >>blank line
                >>

                > As long as the pattern is always the same (remove two blank lines
                > anywhere, and leave single blank lines untouched):
                >
                > ^!Set %variable%=^$StrReplace("^%nl%^%nl%";"";"^%variable%";0;0)$
                >
                > You simply replace all double EOLs with nothing.
                > Note: check my code for syntax (I may have missed a switch in
                > StrReplace)
                >
                > Abair

                Thanks Abair for the prompt response. In further study of the project I
                am working on, sometimes the number of blank lines vary. I want to
                delete from start of file forwards until there is a
                non-blank/non-whitespace/non-return character, if you will (letter or
                number) and backwards from the end until I hit a
                non-blank/non-whitespace/non-return character.

                Is this a job for regex?

                Thanks again,

                Don
              • acummingsus
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 2, 2005
                  wrote:
                  > abairheart wrote:
                  > > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com"
                  <don@h...>
                  > > wrote:> >> ...
                  [ snip ]
                  > > As long as the pattern is always the same (remove two blank lines
                  > > anywhere, and leave single blank lines untouched):
                  > >
                  > > ^!Set %variable%=^$StrReplace("^%nl%^%nl%";"";"^%variable%";0;0)$
                  > >
                  > > You simply replace all double EOLs with nothing.
                  > > Note: check my code for syntax (I may have missed a switch in
                  > > StrReplace)
                  > >
                  > > Abair
                  >
                  > Thanks Abair for the prompt response. In further study of the
                  project I
                  > am working on, sometimes the number of blank lines vary. I want to
                  > delete from start of file forwards until there is a
                  > non-blank/non-whitespace/non-return character, if you will (letter
                  or
                  > number) and backwards from the end until I hit a
                  > non-blank/non-whitespace/non-return character.
                  >
                  > Is this a job for regex?

                  Maybe. (uses a regex). 3 found lines (accounted for via %watch%)
                  containing one or more characters of text is the criteria that makes
                  it bail (it does not delete those three found with_text lines).
                  Until it bails, it deletes bottom of doc's blank lines like crazy.

                  H="testing_1_2_3"
                  ; rids null bottom and upward to first text
                  ^!SetWordWrap OFF
                  ^!Set %watch%=0
                  ^!Jump DOC_END
                  ^!Goto Skip_2
                  :do_while_with_text
                  ^!Inc %watch%
                  ^!If ^%watch% => 3 end
                  :do_while_no_text
                  ^!Jump -1
                  ^!Find "\B+" ISR
                  ^!IfError delline else do_while_with_text
                  :delline
                  ^!DeleteLine
                  ^!Goto do_while_no_text
                  ; ---end_of_clip---

                  --
                  Alan.
                • hsavage
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 7, 2005
                    Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
                    > if I have a variable that contains this
                    >
                    > blank line
                    > blank line
                    > this is a fine day
                    > blank line
                    > this is a tuesday
                    > blank line
                    > blank line
                    >
                    > and I want to remove the first and last two blank lines ... but leave
                    > any blank lines within the content ...
                    > what is the best way I should go about this? Regex? Is there a trim
                    > function that would do it?
                    >
                    > Thanks in advance.

                    Don,

                    Have you found a suitable method to do the above, if not I've devised 2
                    clip methods for the job?

                    The first should work regardless of filesize, it only deals with the
                    start and end lines, the second is dependant on selecting the entire
                    file. This could possibly exceed NoteTabs internal Selection or
                    Paragraph limits with a very large file.

                    With either clip un-commenting the ^!Replace line will ensure there are
                    no 'extra' blank lines between paragraphs.

                    H="Xblanklines"
                    ^!Set %ww%=^$IsWordWrap$
                    ^!SetWordWrap 0
                    ;^!Replace {\n\n}\n+ >> \1 WRSA
                    ^!Jump 1
                    :LOOP_TOP
                    ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!DeleteLine
                    ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE LOOP_TOP
                    ^!Jump DOC_END
                    :LOOP_END
                    ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!KeyBoard BACKSPACE
                    ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE LOOP_END
                    ^!InsertText ^%nl%
                    ^!SetWordWrap ^%ww%

                    H="Xblanklines1"
                    ^!Set %ww%=^$IsWordWrap$
                    ^!SetWordWrap 0
                    ;^!Replace {\n\n}\n+ >> \1 WRSA
                    ^!Select ALL
                    ^$StrTrim("^$GetSelection$")$
                    ^!Jump TEXT_END
                    ^!InsertText ^%nl%
                    ^!SetWordWrap ^%ww%

                    ºvº
                    05.09.07
                    hrs > hsavage@...
                  • Don - htmlfixit.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 7, 2005
                      hsavage wrote:
                      > Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
                      > > if I have a variable that contains this
                      > >
                      > > blank line
                      > > blank line
                      > > this is a fine day
                      > > blank line
                      > > this is a tuesday
                      > > blank line
                      > > blank line
                      > >
                      > > and I want to remove the first and last two blank lines ... but leave
                      > > any blank lines within the content ...
                      > > what is the best way I should go about this? Regex? Is there a trim
                      > > function that would do it?
                      > >
                      > > Thanks in advance.
                      >
                      > Don,
                      >
                      > Have you found a suitable method to do the above, if not I've devised 2
                      > clip methods for the job?
                      >
                      > The first should work regardless of filesize, it only deals with the
                      > start and end lines, the second is dependant on selecting the entire
                      > file. This could possibly exceed NoteTabs internal Selection or
                      > Paragraph limits with a very large file.
                      >
                      > With either clip un-commenting the ^!Replace line will ensure there are
                      > no 'extra' blank lines between paragraphs.
                      >

                      > H="Xblanklines"
                      > ^!Set %ww%=^$IsWordWrap$
                      > ^!SetWordWrap 0
                      > ;^!Replace {\n\n}\n+ >> \1 WRSA
                      > ^!Jump 1
                      > :LOOP_TOP
                      > ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!DeleteLine
                      > ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE LOOP_TOP
                      > ^!Jump DOC_END
                      > :LOOP_END
                      > ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!KeyBoard BACKSPACE
                      > ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE LOOP_END
                      > ^!InsertText ^%nl%
                      > ^!SetWordWrap ^%ww%
                      >

                      > H="Xblanklines1"
                      > ^!Set %ww%=^$IsWordWrap$
                      > ^!SetWordWrap 0
                      > ;^!Replace {\n\n}\n+ >> \1 WRSA
                      > ^!Select ALL
                      > ^$StrTrim("^$GetSelection$")$
                      > ^!Jump TEXT_END
                      > ^!InsertText ^%nl%
                      > ^!SetWordWrap ^%ww%

                      Thanks for your continued efforts on this. I have not solved it yet.
                      The prior suggestion assumed that I had just two lines of text. That is
                      a fair (though inacurate) assumption based upon my question. What I did
                      is take a file that may look like this:

                      blank line
                      blank line
                      text
                      text
                      blankline
                      text
                      text
                      blankline
                      blankline
                      dividing point:delimiter
                      blank line
                      text
                      text
                      blankline
                      text
                      text
                      blankline
                      blankline
                      dividing point:delimiter
                      blank line
                      blank line
                      blank line
                      text
                      text
                      blankline
                      text
                      text
                      blankline
                      blankline
                      blankline

                      The number of blank lines before or after the content is varied. So
                      simple search and replaces don't work. I have already taken the file
                      and stepped through it so that in step one, the first part before the
                      first dividing line/delimiter is loaded into a variable. I then save
                      that variable to a new file. Before saving, however, I want to clean it
                      up. I may be able to do it with your clips which I will study after
                      saving it. If I could do it before saving it, even better. In fact if
                      I could do the file before running my steps on it, maybe that would
                      work. I don't know the file size as this is to help another person.
                      The sample they sent me was fairly small.

                      Double returns between paragraphs aren't my concern, it was the extra
                      white space before and after the delimiters that I am trying to get out
                      of the variables.

                      I'll start working with this suggestion.
                    • Jeffery Scism
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 7, 2005
                        slower but why not just replace

                        ^P^P with ^P, and rerun it until no more are found?

                        ~~

                        Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
                        Local Coordinator Representative,
                        NE/NC Region, USGenWeb Project

                        http://usgenweb.org/

                      • hsavage
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 7, 2005
                          Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
                          > hsavage wrote:
                          >>
                          >> Have you found a suitable method to do the above, if not I've devised 2
                          >> clip methods for the job?
                          >>
                          >> The first should work regardless of filesize, it only deals with the
                          >> start and end lines, the second is dependant on selecting the entire
                          >> file. This could possibly exceed NoteTabs internal Selection or
                          >> Paragraph limits with a very large file.
                          >>
                          >> With either clip un-commenting the ^!Replace line will ensure there are
                          >> no 'extra' blank lines between paragraphs.
                          >>

                          > Thanks for your continued efforts on this. I have not solved it yet.
                          > The prior suggestion assumed that I had just two lines of text. That is
                          > a fair (though inacurate) assumption based upon my question. What I did
                          > is take a file that may look like this:
                          >
                          > blank line
                          > blank line
                          > text
                          > text
                          > blankline
                          > text
                          > text
                          > blankline
                          > blankline
                          > dividing point:delimiter
                          > blank line
                          > text
                          > text
                          >
                          > The number of blank lines before or after the content is varied. So
                          > simple search and replaces don't work. I have already taken the file
                          > and stepped through it so that in step one, the first part before the
                          > first dividing line/delimiter is loaded into a variable. I then save
                          > that variable to a new file. Before saving, however, I want to clean it
                          > up. I may be able to do it with your clips which I will study after
                          > saving it. If I could do it before saving it, even better. In fact if
                          > I could do the file before running my steps on it, maybe that would
                          > work. I don't know the file size as this is to help another person.
                          > The sample they sent me was fairly small.
                          >
                          > Double returns between paragraphs aren't my concern, it was the extra
                          > white space before and after the delimiters that I am trying to get out
                          > of the variables.
                          >
                          > I'll start working with this suggestion.

                          Don,

                          'dividing point:delimiter' - What is this delimiter? Is it the same
                          character or string of characters in every case?

                          Offhand, it looks as if this clip would be best(easiest) to modify to
                          fill the need.

                          H="Xblanklines"
                          ^!Set %ww%=^$IsWordWrap$
                          ^!SetWordWrap 0
                          ;^!Replace {\n\n}\n+ >> \1 WRSA
                          ^!Jump 1
                          :LEADING
                          ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!DeleteLine
                          ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE LEADING
                          ^!Jump DOC_END
                          :TRAILING
                          ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!KeyBoard BACKSPACE
                          ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE TRAILING
                          ^!InsertText ^%nl%
                          ^!SetWordWrap ^%ww%

                          ºvº
                          05.09.07
                          hrs > hsavage@...
                        • Don - htmlfixit.com
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 7, 2005
                            > Don,
                            >
                            > 'dividing point:delimiter' - What is this delimiter? Is it the same
                            > character or string of characters in every case?
                            >
                            > Offhand, it looks as if this clip would be best(easiest) to modify to
                            > fill the need.
                            >
                            > H="Xblanklines"
                            > ^!Set %ww%=^$IsWordWrap$
                            > ^!SetWordWrap 0
                            > ;^!Replace {\n\n}\n+ >> \1 WRSA
                            > ^!Jump 1
                            > :LEADING
                            > ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!DeleteLine
                            > ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE LEADING
                            > ^!Jump DOC_END
                            > :TRAILING
                            > ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!KeyBoard BACKSPACE
                            > ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE TRAILING
                            > ^!InsertText ^%nl%
                            > ^!SetWordWrap ^%ww%

                            yes, always the same string of characters is used as the delimiter
                          • Alec Burgess
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 7, 2005
                              Don/others

                              If part of your sample is :
                              text
                              blankline
                              blankline
                              dividing point:delimiter
                              blank line
                              blank line
                              blank line
                              text

                              then this regexp (not tested) should convert it to:

                              text
                              dividing point:delimiter
                              text

                              ^!replace "\n+dividing point:delimiter\n+" >> "\ndividing point:delimiter\n"
                              rwsait

                              Note: if the sample is already:
                              text
                              dividing point:delimiter
                              text
                              -- then the above regexp is a no-op and will get hits but not alter what is
                              already there.

                              subject of course to the main file not being so large that regexp's fail.
                              AFAICT, you could put it at either the top or bottom of HRS' earlier clip
                              which did not include support for the delimiter and get what you require.

                              Regards ... Alec
                              --
                              ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

                              >> 'dividing point:delimiter' - What is this delimiter? Is
                              >> it the same character or string of characters in every
                              >> case?
                              >>
                              >> Offhand, it looks as if this clip would be best(easiest)
                              >> to modify to fill the need.
                              >>
                              >> H="Xblanklines"
                              >> ^!Set %ww%=^$IsWordWrap$
                              >> ^!SetWordWrap 0
                              >> ;^!Replace {\n\n}\n+ >> \1 WRSA
                              >> ^!Jump 1
                              >>> LEADING
                              >> ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!DeleteLine
                              >> ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE LEADING
                              >> ^!Jump DOC_END
                              >>> TRAILING
                              >> ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!KeyBoard BACKSPACE
                              >> ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE TRAILING
                              >> ^!InsertText ^%nl%
                              >> ^!SetWordWrap ^%ww%
                              >>
                              > yes, always the same string of characters is used as the
                              > delimiter
                            • hsavage
                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 7, 2005
                                Alec Burgess wrote:
                                > Don/others
                                >
                                > then this regexp (not tested) should convert it to:
                                >
                                > text
                                > dividing point:delimiter
                                > text
                                >
                                > ^!replace "\n+dividing point:delimiter\n+" >> "\ndividing
                                point:delimiter\n"
                                > rwsait
                                >
                                > Note: if the sample is already:
                                > text
                                > dividing point:delimiter
                                > text
                                > -- then the above regexp is a no-op and will get hits but not alter
                                what is
                                > already there.
                                >
                                > subject of course to the main file not being so large that regexp's fail.
                                > AFAICT, you could put it at either the top or bottom of HRS' earlier clip
                                > which did not include support for the delimiter and get what you require.
                                >
                                > Regards ... Alec

                                Alec, Don,

                                This regex is now tested. Adding Alec's ^!Replace to one of my earlier
                                attempts and changing the delimiter to the correct characters the clip
                                now works fine on my limited sample.

                                H="Xblanklines"
                                ^!Set %ww%=^$IsWordWrap$
                                ^!SetWordWrap 0
                                ^!Replace "\n+==========\n+" >> "\n==========\n" IWRSA
                                ^!Jump DOC_END
                                :LOOP_END
                                ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!KeyBoard BACKSPACE
                                ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE LOOP_END
                                ^!InsertText ^%nl%
                                ^!SetWordWrap ^%ww%

                                Try it, let us know.

                                ºvº
                                05.09.07
                                hrs > hsavage@...
                              • hsavage
                                Message 15 of 16 , Sep 7, 2005
                                  hsavage wrote:
                                  > Alec Burgess wrote:
                                  >> Don/others
                                  >> subject of course to the main file not being so large that regexp's
                                  fail.
                                  >> AFAICT, you could put it at either the top or bottom of HRS'
                                  earlier clip
                                  >> which did not include support for the delimiter and get what you
                                  require.

                                  >> Regards ... Alec
                                  >
                                  > Alec, Don,
                                  >
                                  > This regex is now tested. Adding Alec's ^!Replace to one of my earlier
                                  > attempts and changing the delimiter to the correct characters the clip
                                  > now works fine on my limited sample.
                                  >
                                  > H="Xblanklines"
                                  > ^!Set %ww%=^$IsWordWrap$
                                  > ^!SetWordWrap 0
                                  > ^!Jump 1
                                  > :LOOP_TOP
                                  > ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!DeleteLine
                                  > ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE LOOP_TOP
                                  > ^!Replace "\n+==========\n+" >> "\n==========\n" IWRSA
                                  > ^!Jump DOC_END
                                  > :LOOP_END
                                  > ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!KeyBoard BACKSPACE
                                  > ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE LOOP_END
                                  > ^!InsertText ^%nl%
                                  > ^!SetWordWrap ^%ww%
                                  >
                                  > Try it, let us know.
                                  >
                                  > ºvº
                                  > 05.09.07
                                  > hrs > hsavage@...

                                  The regex can be shortened somewhat as follows,

                                  ^!Replace "\n+{==========}\n+" >> "\n\1\n" IWRSA

                                  ºvº
                                  05.09.07
                                  hrs > hsavage@...
                                • hsavage
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Sep 10, 2005
                                    Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
                                    >>> if I have a variable that contains this
                                    >
                                    > blankline
                                    > blankline
                                    > text
                                    > text
                                    > blankline
                                    > text
                                    > text
                                    > blankline
                                    > blankline
                                    > ==========
                                    > blankline
                                    > blankline
                                    > blankline
                                    > text
                                    > text
                                    > blankline
                                    > text
                                    > text
                                    > ==========
                                    > blankline
                                    > blankline
                                    > blankline
                                    > text
                                    > text
                                    > blankline
                                    > text
                                    > text
                                    > blankline
                                    > blankline
                                    > blankline
                                    >
                                    > The number of blank lines before or after the content is varied. So
                                    > simple search and replaces don't work. I have already taken the file
                                    > and stepped through it so that in step one, the first part before the
                                    > first dividing line/delimiter is loaded into a variable. I then save
                                    > that variable to a new file. Before saving, however, I want to clean it
                                    > up. I may be able to do it with your clips which I will study after
                                    > saving it. If I could do it before saving it, even better. In fact if
                                    > I could do the file before running my steps on it, maybe that would
                                    > work. I don't know the file size as this is to help another person.
                                    > The sample they sent me was fairly small.
                                    >
                                    > Double returns between paragraphs aren't my concern, it was the extra
                                    > white space before and after the delimiters that I am trying to get out
                                    > of the variables.

                                    Don,

                                    Here's my latest revision to remove extra blank lines and transform the
                                    files into bite-sized indexed/numbered files. Try it to see if it suits.

                                    The blankline entries above represents an empty line. I did multiple
                                    paste to create a sample file just over 60 kb, clip performed great.

                                    H="X_Blanklines"
                                    ^!Set %ww%=^$IsWordWrap$
                                    ^!SetWordWrap 0
                                    ^!SetScreenUpdate 0
                                    ;
                                    ; sets filename variable and tab location to use later
                                    ^!Set %doc_idx%=^$GetDocIndex$
                                    ^!Set %fn%=^$GetPath(^##)$^$GetName(^##)$
                                    ;
                                    ; removes empty lines from bof
                                    ^!Jump 1
                                    :LOOP_TOP
                                    ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!DeleteLine
                                    ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE LOOP_TOP
                                    ;
                                    ; removes empty lines either side of delimiters
                                    ^!Replace "\n+{==========}\n+" >> "\n\1\n" IWRSA
                                    ^!Jump DOC_END
                                    ;
                                    ; removes empty lines from eof
                                    :LOOP_END
                                    ^!If "^$GetLine$" = "" ^!KeyBoard BACKSPACE
                                    ^!If "^$GetLine$" <> "" NEXT ELSE LOOP_END
                                    ;
                                    ; adds delimiter to eof and saves
                                    ^!InsertText "^p==========^p"
                                    ^!Save
                                    ;
                                    ; creates temp file to dissect
                                    ^!Set %tf%=^$GetTempFile$
                                    ^!TextToFile "^%tf%" ^$GetFileText(^##)$
                                    ^!Open "^%tf%"
                                    ^!SetWordWrap 0
                                    ;
                                    ; selects topmost text for numbered file - allows 3 digit numbers
                                    ^!Set %df%=0
                                    :DF
                                    ^!Inc %df%
                                    ^!Set %df%=^$StrCopyRight("00^%df%";3)$
                                    ^!Find "==========" S
                                    ^!IfError END
                                    ^!DeleteLine
                                    ^!SelectTo 1:1
                                    ;
                                    ; cuts and copies each selection numbered file
                                    ^!Menu Edit/Cut
                                    ^!TextToFile "^%fn%_^%df%." ^$GetClipboard$
                                    ^!Goto DF
                                    :END
                                    ;
                                    ; destroys empty tempfile after dissection, refocuses original file
                                    ^!DestroyDoc
                                    ^!SetDocIndex ^%doc_idx%
                                    ;
                                    ; removes previously added delimiter at eof and saves
                                    ^!Jump DOC_END
                                    ^!IfError SKIP
                                    ^!DeleteLine
                                    ^!SetWordWrap ^%ww%
                                    ^!Save

                                    With the commented lines removed it's not a very large clip.

                                    ºvº
                                    05.09.10
                                    hrs > hsavage@...