A Corpus Workers Toolkit was Re: kwic (uses Perl) Key Word In Context

  • acummingsus
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2005
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "acummingsus" <acumming@c...> wrote:
      >[ snip ]

      note: ACWT contains numerous clip libraries. It may be that some of
      the clips will stand alone (without the Perl requirement). That's a
      guess as I'm not qualified to say. All I did was create the Notetab
      clip interface to the Perl script(s) and (a rather basic mod) modified
      one of the Perl scripts to suit the Notetab-Perl combination. Some of
      the programming by their respective authors in those Perl scripts goes
      right on up over my head.

      Hi. I just received a message with this next link enclosed:

      http://www.humnet.ucla.edu/alc/chinese/ACWT/ACWT.htm

      The entire tool kit packet is downloadable there. And, the
      screenshots plus other resources are there. So, that is the preferred
      place over what I had uploaded to the clips files area.

      I hope HT will forgive me :-) (this package of tools does way much
      more than just key word in context as far as English is concerned).
      For English (I'm unable to read Chinese) I also saw (English)
      something about adjective useage checking/checker. Also text
      statistics, perhaps it's a clip that returns such statistics. There
      may be more as I'm not in the know enough (so as to know) about this
      toolkit's entire scope.

      Ok, back to coding I go.

      #!/usr/bin/perl -w
      use strict;
      unless Perl $syntax eq line_noise, print "go_for_it Notetab and Perl";
      # end

      (Yes, that does prints the go_for_it message because Perl syntax does
      not equal line noise)

      Have fun. Later. Alan.