Re: [Clip] Current email address for Chris Barnhill, creator of the Proj.Mgmt. clip??

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 17 1:21 PM
      Jim Davis wrote:
      > I'm stil trying to get the Project Management clip to work. It was
      created by Chris Barnhill, who's old email address was
      scorpio@... . Does anyone have a current email for him?

      > Regards
      > jimdavis9898@...

      Jim,

      I've been experimenting with the Project... clip since your last email.
      You mentioned an error message but it didn't come thru with the email.
      If you tried to add a snapshot to the email I have bad news, these lists
      are text only.

      Could you reproduce the error text and add it to a message so we can see
      what you're dealing with.

      ºvº
      05.08.17
      hrs > hsavage@...
    • loro
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 17 2:00 PM
        hsavage wrote:
        >I've been experimenting with the Project... clip since your last email.
        >You mentioned an error message but it didn't come thru with the email.
        >If you tried to add a snapshot to the email I have bad news, these lists
        >are text on

        Harvey, I was wrong when I said the clip worked. It seems to be lacking
        this and that. As far as I understand it requires a specially formatted
        HTML file to already exist. It reads the file name from the ini file, but
        it doesn't create that entry. I had that, that's probably why the script
        sort of ran. I must have been playing with it long ago.

        I've gotten this far.

        HTML file (lacking something, I suspect)
        ----------------------

        <head>
        <title></title>
        </head>

        <!-- END PROJECT -->

        -------------------

        Ini entry:
        -------------------
        [ProjectManagement]
        DocFile="C:\path\to\project.html"
        -------------------

        It still complains "OPTION VALUE=""" not found....

        Then I gave up. :-o

        Lotta
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17 3:18 PM
          loro wrote:
          > hsavage wrote:
          >> I've been experimenting with the Project... clip since your last email.
          >> You mentioned an error message but it didn't come thru with the email.
          >> If you tried to add a snapshot to the email I have bad news, these lists
          >> are text on
          >
          > Harvey, I was wrong when I said the clip worked. It seems to be lacking
          > this and that. As far as I understand it requires a specially formatted
          > HTML file to already exist. It reads the file name from the ini file,
          but
          > it doesn't create that entry. I had that, that's probably why the script
          > sort of ran. I must have been playing with it long ago.
          >
          > I've gotten this far.
          >
          > It still complains "OPTION VALUE=""" not found....
          >
          > Then I gave up. :-o
          >
          > Lotta

          Lotta,

          I've done extensive editing and have managed to get the clip to create
          the basic file and have added 4 'option values' to the file but as yet I
          can't select an option and have the javascript jump to that option.

          ºvº
          05.08.17
          hrs > hsavage@...
        • loro
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 17 5:03 PM
            hsavage wrote:
            >I've done extensive editing and have managed to get the clip to create
            >the basic file and have added 4 'option values' to the file but as yet I
            >can't select an option and have the javascript jump to that option.

            You have JavaScript? LOL I didn't even see the hidden clip with the whole
            HTML doc! :-P

            Lets see... Try this. Remove the whole script block and replace with this:

            <script type="text/javascript">
            <!--
            function jumpBox()
            {
            document.location.href =
            document.forms[0].URL.options[document.forms[0].URL.selectedIndex].value;
            }
            //-->
            </script>

            Get the whole form inside the TD tags (OK, it doesn't matter, it's just
            fugly now) and add this onchange bit to the SELECT tag.

            <select name="URL" onchange="jumpbox()">
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

            Delete the whole <select....>...</select> bit and replace with this:

            <select name="URL" onchange="jumpbox()">
            <optgroup label="choose project">
            <!-- begin project list -->
            <!-- <option value="$"> -->
            <!-- end project list -->
            </optgroup>
            </select>

            Delete the INPUT tag.

            Works for me. Hope I didn't forget anything.
            Lotta
          • loro
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 17 5:13 PM
              I knew I shouldn't have changed case...

              ><select name="URL" onchange="jumpbox()">

              Should be jumpBox with a capital B.