Re: [Clip] Re: Find-Replace four characters of which two might be random

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2005
      Hi Carol:
      > BIG blush - nothing like being a week late replying ...

      No problem.

      A very interesting answer, but just to check, were you able to correct the
      problem?

      If not could you put the requested sample files in:

      You can either request group notification or post a link in reply to this.
      As it sounds like you probably already know, doing a right click - copy link
      won't work. You wind up capturing a gobbledy-gook redirect reference which
      will be correct for some users but not for others depending (I think) on
      which server they get to yahoo from. Easiest way is reconstruct the general
      URL manually. ie:
      the " + " which results in the valid:

      btw: the regexp'ish signature is because I have some broken keys in the
      upper right of my keyboard, so I put them in my sig so I can copy+paste them
      when needed :-)

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 17, 2005
        At 19:57 05-08-13 -0400, Alec Burgess wrote:

        >Hi Carol:
        > > BIG blush - nothing like being a week late replying ...
        >
        >No problem.
        >
        >A very interesting answer, but just to check, were you able to
        >correct the problem?

        Now I can't remember what the problem is, apart from my ignorance;
        it's something I want to do to convert the files; that is, from ones
        that hold a few control characters (ASCII 0-31 decimal, I think), so
        they end up being entirely plain-text. They are files created by
        YARN, mostly as SOUP packets; I also have a few REP packets with
        similar structures.

        Again I've been swamped; this appears to be unpredictable, but I
        haven't forgotten, and as soon as I have time, I want to do this job
        <g>.

        >If not could you put the requested sample files in:

        Yes; I'll do that as soon as I have time to select a few. I'm
        familiar with uploading files to a Yahoo Group; have done it many
        times, so will proceed as soon as I can.

        >You can either request group notification or post a link in reply to
        >this.

        I'll answer yes to the Yahoo question about notifying the group about
        the uploaded files, and also I'll post a message saying where I've
        put them and what they're for (I'll put them in a folder, to make
        them easy to find, and then later, when no longer needed, to delete
        the files and the folder).

        >As it sounds like you probably already know, doing a right click -
        >won't work. You wind up capturing a gobbledy-gook redirect reference
        >which
        >will be correct for some users but not for others depending (I
        >think) on
        >which server they get to yahoo from. Easiest way is reconstruct the
        >general
        >URL manually. ie:
        >delete
        >the " + " which results in the valid:

        Don't think I understood that very well, probably because I probably
        haven't tried it, but that appears not to matter <g>.

        >btw: the regexp'ish signature is because I have some broken keys in the
        >upper right of my keyboard, so I put them in my sig so I can
        >copy+paste them
        >when needed :-)

        Wow; that is clever! I'll be back with the files, next chance I get;
        could be some time still.

        Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:27:43
        Carol Whitney
        http://www.coherentdog.org/
        *** I receive plain text only. To attach a file, notify me first. ***