Re: [Clip] H=HTML Table from Tab Delimited File

  • Jeffery Scism
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12 5:16 PM
      Chuck Seward wrote:

      >Wow! How'd you know I needed this? Are you psycho -- I mean psychic? Wonderful work, Jody. I've already made use of it twice today for documentation purposes!
      >
      >Chuck Seward (2005.08.12 16:49)
      > | Boat America Corporation
      > | Digital Imaging Systems Administrator
      >
      >"Remember my [hurricane] advice: Find a bar with a walk-in cooler, go inside, grab a beer, and wait the storm out there." -- PirateJohn

      Thanks, I have needed this a LONG time, it works faster than mine and
      doesn't "hang".

      Used it on a 50 KB file this morning. Beautiful.

      Jeff
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 12 7:36 PM
        Jody:

        Here's a version that doesn't use any looping and will convert CSV to TSV if
        that happens to be the format some external app created it.

        It doesn't have your CSS stuff but is all one straight line clip. If done
        with Regexp's it could have been cleaner/shorter but would certainly die on
        longer files.

        H=CSVorTab-->Table
        ; Alec Burgess 2005-08-12 (Fri)
        ^!jump TEXT_END
        ^!inserttext ^p

        ; convert CSV to TAB separated "just in case"
        ^!replace "","" >> "^t" wsait
        ^!replace ""^p" >> "^p" wsait
        ^!replace "^p"" >> "^p" wsait
        ; now CSV is TabSV except for possible quote on first line

        ^!replace "^t" >> "</td><td>" wsait

        ^!jump TEXT_END
        ^!inserttext ^p</table>

        ^!jump TEXT_START
        ;-long line start
        ^!inserttext ^p<table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"
        width="100%" summary="">^p<tr><td>
        ;-long line end

        ; fix possible quote on first line

        ^!jump TEXT_START
        ; wrap table as HTML page - comment next three lines if not required
        ;-long line start
        ^!inserttext <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
        Transitional//EN">^P<html>^P<head>^P<meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
        content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">^P<meta name="generator"
        ;-long line end
        ^!jump TEXT_END
        ^!inserttext ^P</body>^P</html>

        Regards ... Alec
        --
        ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 13 10:34 AM
          Hi Alec, Cliff, Jeff, & Others,

          (I copied the Basic list, because most importantly, I felt the
          members on it might want to read my thanks to list members, and
          perhaps some could use the Clips posted by Alec and myself.
          Please do not discuss the Clips on the Basic list! TIA)

          Just wanted to say I'm glad somebody could use the Clip, finding it
          useful! I'm also just as happy to see Alec's version posted. I've
          always liked/enjoyed the friendly competitive (for a lack of
          better terms) spirit on the Clips list. We all benefit from it in
          many ways like learning other methods of writing Clips, how other
          code can be used, how to be more artistic, making lines and lines
          of code chopped down to a line or two, and all sorts of other
          helpful tips. Thanks to everybody who participates on the lists
          and keeping the Fookes Software lists friendly, useful, cheerful,
          clean, and kind spirited lists to be on.

          >> Here's a version that doesn't use any looping and will convert
          >> CSV to TSV if that happens to be the format some external app
          >> created it.
          >>
          >> H=CSVorTab-->Table
          >> ; Alec Burgess 2005-08-12 (Fri)
          >
          > H=HTML Table from Tab Delimited File
          > ; eMailed on 06-01-2005, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
          > ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, sojourner.us, purewords.org
          > ; http://www.fookes.us http://www.sojourner.us/software
          > ; Run this Clip 1st and read ;comments before using.

          >> Thanks, I have needed this a LONG time, it works faster than
          >> mine and doesn't "hang".
          >>
          >> Used it on a 50 KB file this morning. Beautiful.
          >
          >> Wow! How'd you know I needed this? Are you psycho -- I mean
          >> psychic? Wonderful work, Jody. I've already made use of it
          >> twice today for documentation purposes!

          I've got Fookesability!
          Although at times, no sensibility. <g>
          http://clean-funnies.com