Re: [Clip] Can't run Project Management clip in Notetab 4.86

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 12, 2005
      Jim Davis wrote:
      > I'm trying to run the Notetab Project Management clip in Notetab
      ver.4.86, but can't get it to function. It starts off OK, but then I get
      the error messages shown below.

      > Regards,
      > Jim Davis

      Jim,

      I did a Search Disk thru all the clipbook libraries and couldn't turn up
      Project Management, what clipbook is it in or where is the source?

      ºvº
      05.08.12
      hrs > hsavage@...
    • loro
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 12, 2005
        hsavage@... wrote:
        >I did a Search Disk thru all the clipbook libraries and couldn't turn up
        >Project Management, what clipbook is it in or where is the source?

        I suspect it's this one.
        http://notetab.com/clipbooks/project.zip
        (from http://notetab.com/other.php )

        I *think* it works, didn't check too cclose. Maybe you (Jim) have edited it
        by mistake? An extra linebreak or space somewhere maybe.

        Lotta
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 12, 2005
          loro wrote:
          > hsavage@... wrote:
          >> I did a Search Disk thru
          >
          > I suspect it's this one.
          > http://notetab.com/clipbooks/project.zip
          >
          > I *think* it works, didn't check too cclose. Maybe you (Jim) have
          edited it
          > by mistake? An extra linebreak or space somewhere maybe.
          >
          > Lotta

          Lotta,

          You got it right on the first choice, I had just downloaded it when I
          saw your email.

          Thanks

          ºvº
          05.08.12
          hrs > hsavage@...
        • Julie
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 13, 2005
            I'm looking for a clip I swear I've seen (but can't seem to find)
            that selects an entire HTML tag, for example everything from <a
            href... etc to </a>

            Anyone point me in the right direction?

            Too lazy to invent the wheel when I know I've seen it turning...

            Julie
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 13, 2005
              Hi Julie,

              >I'm looking for a clip I swear I've seen (but can't seem to find)
              >that selects an entire HTML tag, for example everything from <a
              >href... etc to </a>
              >
              >Anyone point me in the right direction?
              >
              >Too lazy to invent the wheel when I know I've seen it turning...

              Her hamster's home, but the wheel isn't spinning! Her loaf is
              half baked, a few bananas short of a bunch, her elevator doesn't
              go all the way up, not the sharpest tool in the shed. <vbg> Only
              for you Julie! :)

              Other's have posted many in the past, but there is one in the
              Utilities (or SampleCode) Library.

              See ya in the funnies!

              http://www.clean-funnies.com

              you missed a good joke! 8?D

              The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
              http://www.notetab.net

            • John Zeman
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 13, 2005
                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Julie <gleits@c...> wrote:
                > I'm looking for a clip I swear I've seen (but can't seem to find)
                > that selects an entire HTML tag, for example everything from <a
                > href... etc to </a>
                >
                > Anyone point me in the right direction?
                >
                > Too lazy to invent the wheel when I know I've seen it turning...
                >
                > Julie

                Julie I'll zip and email you the one Hugo and I put together a few years ago which works very nicely for me. I'd post it here but it's long enough that all the yahoo inserted line breaks would make it a challenge to reassemble.

                Also I think Ed might have constructed a similar clip awhile back. I never followed what he did very closely but you might want to check it out too.

                John
              • Julie
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 14, 2005
                  At 8/13/2005 10:56 PM, John Zeman wrote:

                  >Julie I'll zip and email you the one Hugo and I put together a few
                  >years ago which works very nicely for me. I'd post it here but it's
                  >long enough that all the yahoo inserted line breaks would make it a
                  >challenge to reassemble.

                  Thanks, John, that was exactly the one I was looking for! I figured
                  someone would have it at their finger tips, and works like a charm
                  "as is". The one in the Sample Code library would've needed a lot of
                  fiddling around with to get to that form.

                  Makes it quite easy to strip HTML out of specific text, and reformat
                  all in one fell swoop!

                  Julie
                • Marbux
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 15, 2005
                    At 8/13/2005 10:56 PM, John Zeman wrote:

                    >>Julie I'll zip and email you the one Hugo and I put together a few
                    >>years ago which works very nicely for me. I'd post it here but it's
                    >>long enough that all the yahoo inserted line breaks would make it a
                    >>challenge to reassemble.
                    >>

                    >Thanks, John, that was exactly the one I was looking for! I figured
                    >someone would have it at their finger tips, and works like a charm
                    >"as is". The one in the Sample Code library would've needed a lot of
                    >fiddling around with to get to that form.
                    >
                    >Makes it quite easy to strip HTML out of specific text, and reformat
                    >all in one fell swoop!

                    John, if you wouldn't mind, I would be very grateful if you sent me a
                    copy too. It sounds like it would take care of a problem I've been
                    spinning my wheels on for some time.

                    Best regards,

                    Marbux
                  • Don - htmlfixit.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 15, 2005
                      Here are some we did a while ago:
                      ;*** Effort by Don Passenger
                      ;*** don@...
                      ;*** discuss things live in chat at http://htmlfixit.com
                      ;*** based on work by Larry and Jody and maybe Wayne
                      ;*******************************************************
                      ;*** will check for a matching html tag

                      ^!Continue [C]If cursor is in the tag you want to find a match for click
                      continue

                      ;### initialize everything
                      ;assume we have our cursor in a tag
                      ;look backwards to find the starting <
                      ^!Find "<" TIBS
                      ;exit if find fails
                      ^!IfError EXIT
                      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
                      ^!ClearVariables

                      ;### %TAG% will be empty if cursor is not inside a tag.
                      ^!Set %TAG%="^$GetHtmlTag(TRUE)$"
                      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%TAG%)$ NotTag
                      ;if self closing get out too
                      ^!If "/>" = "^$StrCopyRight("^$GetSelection$";2)$" SelfClosing

                      ;### So we found a tag. What tag is it?
                      ^!Set %TAGNAME%="^$GetHtmlTagName("^%TAG%";UPPERCASE)$"
                      ;got to forwards or backwards routine depending if
                      ;start or finish tag is selected at start of clip
                      ^!If "/" = "^$StrCopyLeft("^%TAGNAME%";1)$" FindNextTagBackwards ELSE
                      FindNextTagForwards

                      :FindNextTagForwards
                      ^!Jump Select_Start
                      ;figure out where cursor is
                      ^!Set %row%="^$GetRow$"
                      ^!Set %column%="^$GetCol$"
                      ^!Find ">" TIS
                      ^!Set %TAGCOUNT%=1
                      :TagForwardLoop
                      ^!Find "<" TIS
                      ^!IfError UnMatched
                      ^!Set %TAGTEMP%="^$GetHtmlTag(TRUE)$"
                      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%TAGTEMP%)$ NextTag
                      ^!Set %TAGTEMPNAME%="^$GetHtmlTagName("^%TAGTEMP%";UPPERCASE)$"
                      ^!If "/" = "^$StrCopyLeft("^%TAGTEMPNAME%";1)$" EndTag ELSE BeginTag

                      :EndTag
                      ^!If "^$StrDeleteLeft("^%TAGTEMPNAME%";1)$" <> "^%TAGNAME%" Skip_2
                      ^!Dec %TAGCOUNT%
                      ^!If "^%TAGCOUNT%" = "0" Match
                      ^!Goto NextTag

                      :BeginTag
                      ^!If "^%TAGTEMPNAME%" <> "^%TAGNAME%" Skip_2
                      ^!Inc %TAGCOUNT%
                      ^!If "^%TAGCOUNT%" = "0" Match
                      ^!Goto NextTag

                      :NextTag
                      ^!Jump Select_End
                      ^!Goto TagForwardLoop

                      :FindNextTagBackwards
                      ^!Jump Select_End
                      ;figure out where cursor is
                      ^!Set %row%="^$GetRow$"
                      ^!Set %column%="^$GetCol$"
                      ^!Find "<" TIBS
                      ^!Set %TAGCOUNT%=1
                      :TagBackwardLoop
                      ^!Find "<" TIBS
                      ^!IfError UnMatched
                      ^!Set %TAGTEMP%="^$GetHtmlTag(TRUE)$"
                      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%TAGTEMP%)$ NextTag2
                      ^!Set %TAGTEMPNAME%="^$GetHtmlTagName("^%TAGTEMP%";UPPERCASE)$"
                      ^!If "/" = "^$StrCopyLeft("^%TAGTEMPNAME%";1)$" EndTag2 ELSE BeginTag2

                      :EndTag2
                      ^!If "^%TAGTEMPNAME%" <> "^%TAGNAME%" Skip_2
                      ^!Inc %TAGCOUNT%
                      ^!If "^%TAGCOUNT%" = "0" Match
                      ^!Goto NextTag2

                      :BeginTag2
                      ^!If "^%TAGTEMPNAME%" <> "^$StrDeleteLeft("^%TAGNAME%";1)$" Skip_2
                      ^!Dec %TAGCOUNT%
                      ^!If "^%TAGCOUNT%" = "0" Match
                      ^!Goto NextTag2

                      :NextTag2
                      ^!Jump Select_START
                      ^!Goto TagBackwardLoop

                      :Match
                      ^!SetScreenUpdate On
                      ^!Info [C]Bingo, we have a match!.
                      ^!If "/" = "^$StrCopyLeft("^%TAGNAME%";1)$" MatchBackwardJump ELSE
                      MatchForwardJump
                      :MatchForwardJump
                      ^!Jump SELECT_END
                      ^!Goto MatchFinish
                      :MatchBackwardJump
                      ^!Jump SELECT_START
                      :MatchFinish
                      ^!SelectTo ^%row%:^%column%
                      ^!Goto Finish

                      :UnMatched
                      ^!SetCursor ^%row%:^%column%
                      ^!Info [C]This appears to be an unmatched Tag. We made it to the end of
                      your document without finding a match.
                      ^!Goto Finish

                      :NotTag
                      ^!SetCursor ^%row%:^%column%
                      ^!Info [C]This appears to not be an html tag. Remember have your cursor
                      inside the tag when starting this clip.
                      ^!Goto Finish

                      :SelfClosing
                      ^!SetCursor ^%row%:^%column%
                      ^!Info [C]Your tag is self closing - quit messing with me! Self closing
                      tags end in /> like <br />

                      ;### clean up and go home
                      :Finish
                      ^!SetScreenUpdate On
                      ^!ClearVariables
                      ;line 131 if you have all lines unrapped (including blank lines)
                    • Don - htmlfixit.com
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 15, 2005
                        and another rendition with Hugo's adjustment to mine:
                        ;*** Effort by Don Passenger
                        ;*** don@...
                        ;*** discuss things live in chat at http://htmlfixit.com
                        ;*** based on work by Larry and Jody and maybe Wayne
                        ;*** Hugo Adjusted this one
                        ;*******************************************************
                        ;*** will check for a matching html tag

                        ;^!Continue [C]Is cursor in the tag you want to find a match for and
                        then start clip

                        ;### initialize everything
                        ;assume we have our cursor in a tag
                        ;look backwards to find the starting <

                        ; ----------------------------------------------***
                        ; COMMENTED OUT ALMOST ALL CONTINUES AND INFOS TO
                        ; GAIN SOME SPEED -
                        ; I'VE PUT THIS ONE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CLIP
                        ^!ClearVariables
                        ; ----------------------------------------------***
                        ^!Find "<" TIBS
                        ;exit if find fails
                        ^!IfError EXIT
                        ;figure out where cursor is
                        ^!Set %row%="^$GetRow$"
                        ^!Set %column%="^$GetCol$"
                        ; ----------------------------------------------***
                        ^!SET %START%=^%row%:^%column%
                        ; ADDED THIS TO BE ABLE TO HAVE EVERYTHING
                        ; SELECTED AT THE END OF THE CLIP
                        ; ----------------------------------------------***
                        ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
                        ^!SetWordWrap Off

                        ;### %TAG% will be empty if cursor is not inside a tag.
                        ^!Set %TAG%="^$GetHtmlTag(TRUE)$"
                        ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%TAG%)$ NotTag
                        ^!If "/>" = "^$StrCopyRight("^$GetSelection$";2)$" SelfClosing

                        ;### So we found a tag. What tag is it?
                        ^!Set %TAGNAME%="^$GetHtmlTagName("^%TAG%";UPPERCASE)$"
                        ^!Continue ^%TAGNAME%
                        ^!Jump Select_End
                        ^!Set %TAGCOUNT%=1
                        ;^!Info [C]^%TAGCOUNT%
                        ^!If "/" = "^$StrCopyLeft("^%TAGNAME%";1)$" FindNextTagBackwards ELSE
                        FindNextTagForwards

                        :FindNextTagForwards
                        ^!Find "<" TIS
                        ^!IfError UnMatched
                        ^!Set %TAGTEMP%="^$GetHtmlTag(TRUE)$"
                        ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%TAGTEMP%)$ NextTag
                        ^!Set %TAGTEMPNAME%="^$GetHtmlTagName("^%TAGTEMP%";UPPERCASE)$"
                        ^!If "/" = "^$StrCopyLeft("^%TAGTEMPNAME%";1)$" EndTag ELSE BeginTag

                        :EndTag
                        ;^!Info [C]End Tag
                        ^!If "^$StrDeleteLeft("^%TAGTEMPNAME%";1)$" <> "^%TAGNAME%" Skip_2
                        ^!Dec %TAGCOUNT%
                        ^!If "^%TAGCOUNT%" = "0" Match
                        ^!Goto NextTag

                        :BeginTag
                        ;^!Info [C]Beginning Tag
                        ^!If "^%TAGTEMPNAME%" <> "^%TAGNAME%" Skip_2
                        ^!Inc %TAGCOUNT%
                        ^!If "^%TAGCOUNT%" = "0" Match
                        ^!Goto NextTag

                        :NextTag
                        ;^!Info [C]^%TAGCOUNT% -- ^%TAGTEMPNAME%

                        ^!Jump Select_End
                        ^!Goto FindNextTagForwards

                        :FindNextTagBackwards
                        ;^!Info [C]Backwards not working yet ... will search towards the front
                        of the document
                        ^!Goto Finish

                        :Match
                        ^!SetScreenUpdate On
                        ^!SetWordWrap On
                        ^!Info [C]Bingo, we have a match!.
                        ^!Jump SELECT_END
                        ; ----------------------------------------------***
                        ; CHANGED THE SELECTTO IN ORDER TO HAVE EVERYTHING
                        ; SELECTED
                        ;^!SelectTo ^%row%:^%column%
                        ^!SelectTo ^%START%
                        ; ----------------------------------------------***
                        ^!Goto Finish

                        :UnMatched
                        ^!SetCursor ^%row%:^%column%
                        ^!Info [C]This appears to be an unmatched Tag. We made it to the end of
                        your document without finding a match.
                        ^!Goto Finish

                        :NotTag
                        ^!SetCursor ^%row%:^%column%
                        ;^!Info [C]This appears to not be an html tag. Remember have your
                        cursor inside the tag when starting this clip.
                        ^!Goto Finish

                        :SelfClosing
                        ^!SetCursor ^%row%:^%column%
                        ^!Info [C]Your tag is self closing - quit messing with me! Self closing
                        tags end in /> like <br />

                        ;### clean up and go home
                        :Finish
                        ^!SetScreenUpdate On
                        ^!SetWordWrap On
                        ^!ClearVariables
                        ;line 126 if you have all lines unrapped (including blank lines)
                      • Don - htmlfixit.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 15, 2005
                          and last but not least, Hugo and Johns I think ...

                          : SELECT MATCHING TAGS Hugo and John
                          ; LAST MODIFIED: MONDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2002
                          ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
                          ;-----------------------

                          ^!ClearVariable %ISTHISAMISMATCH%

                          ^!Jump SELECT_START
                          :FINDTAG
                          ^!find "<" BS
                          :SETTAG
                          ^!Set %TAG%=^$GetHtmlTagName("^$GetHtmlTag$";Lowercase)$
                          ^!Set %STARTPOS%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
                          ^!IfTrue ^$StrPos("!";"^%TAG%";0)$ SELECTTAG
                          ^!IfTrue ^$StrPos("/";"^%TAG%";0)$ ENDTAG
                          ^!Find "/^%TAG%>" IS
                          ^!IFERROR SELECTTAG
                          :KEEPSEARCHING
                          ^!Jump Select_END
                          ^!SelectTo ^%STARTPOS%
                          ^!Set %Selection%=^$GetSelection$
                          ^!Set %FindNextMatch%=^$StrCount("<^%TAG%";"^%Selection%";0;1)$
                          ^!Set %EndTagCount%=^$StrCount("</^%TAG%>";"^%Selection%";0;1)$
                          ^!IF ^%FindNextMatch%<>^%EndTagCount% JUMPOVER
                          ^!GoTO SELECTTAG
                          :JUMPOVER
                          ;-------------------------
                          ^!If ^%FindNextMatch%-^%EndTagCount%=^%ISTHISAMISMATCH% THISISAMISMATCH
                          ^!Set %ISTHISAMISMATCH%=^%FindNextMatch%-^%EndTagCount%
                          ;-------------------------
                          ^!Jump Select_END
                          ^!Find "/^%TAG%>" IS
                          ^!GoTo KEEPSEARCHING

                          :THISISAMISMATCH
                          ^!SetCursor ^%StartPOS%
                          ^!MoveCursor 1
                          ^!Select HTMLTAG
                          ^!SetWizardTitle Tag mismatch. Review your code...
                          ^!SetWizardLabel The corresponding tag could not be found!

                          ; BEGIN ONE LONG LINE
                          ^!Set %WhatNext%=^?{(T=L)Go to the last corresponding endtag?=_No, just
                          select the tag that doesn't have a match^=No|Yes, and select anything in
                          between^=Select|Yes, and insert corresponding tag after the selection^=Jump}
                          ; END ONE LONG LINE

                          ^!If ^%WhatNext%=No END
                          ^!If ^%WhatNext%<>NO ^!Find <^%TAG\a*/^%TAG%> RS
                          ^!If ^%WhatNext%=Jump ^!MoveCursor 1
                          ^!If ^%WhatNext%=Jump ^!InsertTEXT ^%NL%<!--INSERTED NEW ENDTAG HERE--
                          >>^%NL%</^%TAG%>^%NL%^%NL%

                          ^!GoTo END

                          :FINDNoMATCH
                          ^!SetCursor ^%ENDPOS%
                          ^!MoveCursor -1
                          ^!GoTo SELECTTAG

                          :ENDTAG
                          ^!Set %TAG%=^$strReplace("/";"";"^%TAG%";0;0)$
                          ^!Find ">" IS
                          ^!Jump Select_END
                          ^!Set %ENDPOS%=^$GetRow$:^$getCol$
                          :FindBeginningTag
                          ^!Find "<^%TAG%" BIS
                          ^!IFERROR STEPBACK
                          ^!If "^$GetSelection$" = "<b" BR
                          :NoBR
                          ^!SelectTo ^%ENDPOS%
                          ^!Set %Selection%=^$GetSelection$
                          ^!Set %FindPrevious%=^$StrCount("</^%TAG%";"^%Selection%";0;1)$
                          ^!IF ^%FindPrevious%>1 AGAIN
                          ^!GOTO END
                          :AGAIN
                          ^!Jump Select_START
                          ^!Dec %FindPrevious%
                          ^!Find "<^%TAG%" BIS
                          ;***** INSERTED ERRORCHECK
                          ^!IfERROR FINDNoMATCH
                          ^!SelectTo ^%ENDPOS%
                          ^!IF ^%FindPrevious%>1 AGAIN

                          ; BEGIN ONE LONG LINE
                          ^!IF
                          ^$StrCount("/^%TAG%>";"^$GetSelection$";0;0)$<>^$StrCount("<^%TAG%";"^$GetSelection$";0;0)$
                          AGAIN
                          ; END ONE LONG LINE

                          ^!GOTO END
                          :STEPBACK
                          ^!MoveCursor -1
                          :SELECTTAG
                          ^!If ^$GetSelSize$>3 END
                          ^!Select HTMLTAG
                          ^!STATUSSHOW Could not locate matching tag...
                          ^!Delay 15
                          ^!GoTo End

                          ; BR TRAP TO NOT FALSE BOLD TAGS
                          :BR
                          ^!Select +2
                          ^!If "^$GetSelection$" <> "<br>" NoBR
                          ^!Jump SELECT_START
                          ^!GoTo FindBeginningTag

                          ;---------------------------------------------------------------------
                          -----
                          ; Revision History
                          ; SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2002
                          ; Clip would fail if character entities were in the document.
                          ; Added a / in the following line so it became:
                          ; ^!Set %FindPrevious%=^$StrCount("</^%TAG%";"^%Selection%";0;1)$
                          ;
                          ; MONDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2002
                          ; Noticed if searching backwards for a <b> tag when started from a</b> tag,
                          ; Added the BR trap to eliminate that.
                        • Jeffery Scism
                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 15, 2005
                            John, if you wouldn't mind, I would be very grateful if you sent me a

                            >copy too. It sounds like it would take care of a problem I've been
                            >spinning my wheels on for some time.
                            >
                            >Best regards,
                            >
                            >Marbux

                            ME Too Please.

                            Jeff Scism

                          • hsavage
                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 15, 2005
                              Jeffery Scism wrote:
                              > John, if you wouldn't mind, I would be very grateful if you sent me a
                              >
                              >> copy too. It sounds like it would take care of a problem I've been
                              >> spinning my wheels on for some time.
                              >>
                              >> Best regards,
                              >>
                              >> Marbux
                              >>
                              > ME Too Please.
                              >
                              > Jeff Scism

                              John,

                              Why not post it on the clips list and it will be available to all?

                              ºvº
                              05.08.15
                              hrs > hsavage@...
                            • loro
                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 15, 2005
                                >Why not post it on the clips list and it will be available to all?

                                Because it can be downloaded from clip repository page? ^_^

                                At least I think this clip is what it's all about.

                                http://notetab.com/clipbooks/textsel.zip
                                (From http://notetab.com/html.php#Utilities )

                                Lotta
                              • John Zeman
                                Message 15 of 16 , Aug 15, 2005
                                  --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@t...> wrote:

                                  > >Why not post it on the clips list and it will be available to all?
                                  >
                                  > Because it can be downloaded from clip repository page? ^_^
                                  >
                                  > At least I think this clip is what it's all about.
                                  >
                                  > http://notetab.com/clipbooks/textsel.zip
                                  > (From http://notetab.com/html.php#Utilities )
                                  >
                                  > Lotta

                                  That's not the one Lotta. Don included it in his list of clips, and my apologies to Don for my not getting the name right while talking to Julie when I said Ed created a similar clip.

                                  To eliminate line splicing I just uploaded the zipped clip to the files section of the NoteTab HTML forum, you can download it here: