Re: [NTB] clip programming question

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2005
      skite73 wrote:
      > I am trying to write a clip that allows me to highlite text, converts
      > the text to sentence case, trims all trailing spaces and then copies
      > the text to the clipboard. The problem that I am seeing is that
      > unless the text is re-selected between the converting to sentence
      > case command and the string trim command, the text ends up being
      > printed twice on the screen. If the text is re-selected between
      > these two commands the clip works correctly. Is there a way around
      > this?
      >
      > Here is part of the clip:
      > ;Join Lines
      > ^!Keyboard CTRL+J
      > ^!SetWordWrap ON
      > ;Convert to sentence case
      > ^$StrSentenceCase("^$GetSelection$")$
      > ;Trim all extra spaces from string
      > ^$StrTrim("^$GetSelection$")$
      > ^!Keyboard CTRL+A
      > ^!Keyboard CTRL+C
      >
      > Steve

      Steve,

      Here are 2 copies of the same clip, 1 with, and 1 without comments to
      demonstrate the size reduction.

      This clip will copy text to clipboard, convert and trim, if you haven't
      selected multiple paragraphs. ^$StrTrim("")$ doesn't work too well
      across paragraphs. It only catches the beginning and end spaces in a
      selection. In NotePro paragraphs are delimited by carriage-returns, crlf's.

      If your objective is for the text to remain in the clipboard for pasting
      elsewhere end the clip commands prior to the ^!PasteSelect command.

      The text, regardless, will remain in the clipboard until something else
      is copied to clipboard, or, otherwise cleared.

      With clip questions please join and address the Clips-List, to subscribe
      send an empty email to this address;

      ntb-clips-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      -------------------------

      H="Join-Convert-RePaste"
      ^!Clearvariables
      ^!Setscreenupdate 0
      ;
      ; if wordwrap off, remains off, else, turns off then back on later.
      ^!Set %ww%=^$IsWordWrap$
      ^!SetWordWrap 0
      ;
      ; join lines - copy to clipboard
      ^!ToolBar Join Lines
      ^!ToolBar Copy
      ;
      ; convert to sentence case - Trim extra spaces from string ends
      ^!SetClipboard ^$StrSentenceCase(^$StrTrim("^$GetClipboard$")$)$
      ; at this point the modified string is in the clipboard
      ;
      ; pastes modified string over selected string
      ^!PasteSelect
      ;
      ; sets wordwrap to original setting
      ^!Setwordwrap ^%ww%
      ;
      ; jumps to beginning of, and deselects text
      ^!Jump SELECT_START

      This could be shortened further, but, not recommended, by eliminating
      the wordwrap commands.

      H="Join-Convert-RePaste 1"
      ^!Clearvariables
      ^!Setscreenupdate 0
      ^!Set %ww%=^$IsWordWrap$
      ^!SetWordWrap 0
      ^!ToolBar Join Lines
      ^!ToolBar Copy
      ^!SetClipboard ^$StrSentenceCase(^$StrTrim("^$GetClipboard$")$)$
      ; >
      ^!PasteSelect
      ^!Setwordwrap ^%ww%
      ^!Jump SELECT_START