text processing with a Perl script

  • H Tao
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2005
      Hello everyone,

      A novice user here. Got a question about Perl and
      NoteTab, Hope someone can help me out.

      A friend of mine wrote a Perl script (KWIC) that can
      do
      concordancing (searching a word and displaying each
      and every instances of its use in a
      text).

      (http://www.corpus4u.com/forum_view.asp?forum_id=38&view_id=688)

      I'd like to be able to call upon this script and use
      it on the currently open text in
      NoteTab and search the use of the currently
      highlighted word. Since the execution of that
      script is command line based (under MS Windows, XP in
      my case), I don't know how to do
      it.

      Alternatuively, if the Perl script can be part of a
      Clip, that'd be cool, too.

      Thank you in advance for your time and any pointers.

      Sincerely,

      Ling