Re: snag url and selection and save to file

  • Mark B.
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2 7:46 AM
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "d_offen" <d_offen@y...> wrote:
      > The second line which is usually the tiltle is highlighted
      > and copied to the clipboard. The clip then opens the save
      > function which defaults to the last folder used for saving.
      > The highlighted text (title) is then pasted into the save as
      > field by using CTRL+V manually. I check the folder for
      > location and then hit save.
      >
      > When the save window comes up the cursor is flashing in the
      > field for save as and the highlited text in the field is
      > "NoName01.txt". I find the clip a great time saver and would
      > like to include the insertion of the title from the
      > clipboard as part of it. Then all I would have to do is a
      > visual check and click save.

      Was this ever answered?

      The document to be saved has the focus in NoteTab, and it's never been
      saved before, and the title-cum-filename, without extension, is on the
      Clipboard. Is that correct? If so, try this if you want:

      ^!RenameDoc ^$GetClipboard$.txt
      ^!Menu File/Save As
    • d_offen
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3 9:56 AM
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Mark B." <breaumark@y...> wrote:
        > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "d_offen" <d_offen@y...> wrote:
        > > The second line which is usually the tiltle is highlighted
        > > and copied to the clipboard. The clip then opens the save
        > > function which defaults to the last folder used for saving.
        > > The highlighted text (title) is then pasted into the save as
        > > field by using CTRL+V manually. I check the folder for
        > > location and then hit save.
        > >
        > > When the save window comes up the cursor is flashing in the
        > > field for save as and the highlited text in the field is
        > > "NoName01.txt". I find the clip a great time saver and would
        > > like to include the insertion of the title from the
        > > clipboard as part of it. Then all I would have to do is a
        > > visual check and click save.
        >
        > Was this ever answered?
        >
        > The document to be saved has the focus in NoteTab, and it's never been
        > saved before, and the title-cum-filename, without extension, is on the
        > Clipboard. Is that correct?

        Correct. The line used for the filename is highlighted and copied to
        the clipboard. The save as dialogue box opens but I can't figure out a
        way to paste the clipboard text into the save as field, except to
        manually ctrl+S. Which works, but is one more function that might be
        handled by the clip.

        >If so, try this if you want:
        >
        > ^!RenameDoc ^$GetClipboard$.txt
        > ^!Menu File/Save As

        Tried that and it just showed as an unsaved document (little red
        symbol) with the filename pasted into the tab. It wasn't saved and the
        save as or save commands did nothing. It was like the save commands
        were frozen. I don't know if it actually was saved because I couldn't
        find the save path anywhere.

        Thanks for all your help guys. The clip I use now saves the
        highlighted text and the URL and copies the title to the clipboard and
        opens the save as window. The extra clicks to paste in the filename is
        not a big deal and certainly not worth extra time and the effort you
        guys are putting into it.

        Thanks again

        ^!FocusApp *Mozilla*
        ^!Keyboard CTRL+C
        ^!ClipBoardSave
        ^!Keyboard ALT+D CTRL+C
        ^!ActivateApp
        ^!Keyboard CTRL+N
        ^!InsertText {^$GetClipboard$}^%nl%^%nl%
        ^!ClipBoardRestore
        ^!InsertText ^$GetClipboard$^%nl%^%nl%^P
        ^!Set %WrapStatus%=^$IsWordWrap$
        ^!SetWordWrap 0
        ^!KEYBOARD CTRL+HOME
        ^!Jump +2
        ^!KEYBOARD SHIFT+END
        ^!Keyboard CTRL+C
        ^!SetWordWrap ^%WrapStatus%
        ^!Keyboard SHIFT+CTRL+S
      • Mark B.
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3 11:26 AM
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "d_offen" <d_offen@y...> wrote:

          > Tried that and it just showed as an unsaved document (little red
          > symbol) with the filename pasted into the tab. It wasn't saved and
          the
          > save as or save commands did nothing. It was like the save commands
          > were frozen. I don't know if it actually was saved because I
          couldn't
          > find the save path anywhere.

          Sorry. Seems to work fine here (WinXP Home, NoteTab 4.95). One problem
          with this method is that the Save As dialog doesn't open if the file
          name contains illicit characters. You could correct the file name
          before renaming the doc, or you could launch Save As manually in those
          cases.

          Nothing is saved automatically. The only saving is done manually from
          the Save As dialog.