Hello

  • Joe Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2005
      I've been using NoteTab for ages and really love it, but just starting to
      get into writing Clips, hence joining this list.

      I was wondering if anyone had ever used it to print out sticky labels (the
      Avery type). I often use them for producing address labels, and it's now the
      only thing I ever use Word for.

      Any ideas?

      Cheers

      Joe
    • abairheart
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 30, 2005
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Miller" <mcdogfood@a...> wrote:
        > I've been using NoteTab for ages and really love it, but just
        starting to
        > get into writing Clips, hence joining this list.
        >
        > I was wondering if anyone had ever used it to print out sticky labels
        (the
        > Avery type). I often use them for producing address labels, and it's
        now the
        > only thing I ever use Word for.

        As long as the labels are in a single column, you can do it easily in
        Notetab. Just create a template clip, that has the same spacing as the
        desired label.

        If you use sheets with multiple columns, you'll have to fake NoteTab
        out into thinking its doing a normal page. Use tab size as wide as your
        columns. For example, if you use four columns, set tabs to 8" / 4 = 2".

        Then put your data into four arrays, one per column. And procede as
        with one column.

        Output to a text file, which you can later print, using something like:

        ^!InsertText ^%COne1%^t^%CTwo1%^t^%CThree1%^t^%CFour1%^P
        ^!InsertText ^%COne2%^t^%CTwo2%^t^%CThree2%^t^%CFour2%^P
        etc, for as many lines you have.

        Abair