Re: [Clip] Re: snag url and selection and save to file

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2005
      > hsavage will have an improved, one-line version, and Jody
      > will have done the same thing in 1973 but it's now lost
      > under an avalanche of clips. ;-)

      :-)

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2005
        D_offen:

        Did you try the ^!Save commands?
        >>^!Save [AS|ALL]
        or
        ^!Save AS FileName
        Saves the active document. If the optional parameter "AS" is used, the "Save
        As" dialog box is displayed. If the optional parameter "ALL" is used, all
        the modified documents are saved. You cannot use both parameters together.
        If you specify a file name after the "Save AS" element, the Save As dialog
        box is not displayed and the specified file name is used.
        The following Clip example will save the changes made to the active
        document:
        ^!Save
        The next example will save all modified documents:
        ^!Save ALL
        The following Clip example will save the active document as a new file
        called Temp.txt:
        ^!Save AS c:\My Documents\Temp.txt
        <<

        As I understand it your problem is that you are being forced to the Save
        dialog. The above command should avoid that if you somehow get the name you
        want into a variable myFile and then execute ^!Save As ^%myFile%

        Note: not tested and I'm not sure what will happen if you execute the above
        with a name that already exists.

        Regards ... Alec
        --

          > As I understand it your problem is that you are being
          > forced to the Save dialog.

          No, he *wants* the Save As dialog.