Re: [Clip] add files to a zip

  • Phillip Sand Hansel II
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2005
      I eagerly read your note and downloaded the winzip utilities for Notetab.

      After much futzing around, I discovered that the line command option is
      apparently not supported in WinZip8.0 (which is what I've got). There is a
      downloadable line interface for WinZip9.0 (which I do not think I will buy).

      Do you know if I can use a similar approach with the XP built-in zip
      compression utility? (It is licensed from WinZip). I read a bunch about it,
      but everything was about dragging and dropping... I could not even find the
      actual XP command name to test out a line command interface.

      I modified some of your WinZip Clip to do what I thought was needed to put
      certain filetypes into a zip file. It silently fails. Probably another
      punctuation error (if not the fact that winzip8 can't run line commands).

      ------------------

      ^!SetScreenUpdate 0

      ; Source directory (actually one of many that need backing up; need to fetch
      all folders in a particular folder to work on)

      ; Prompts for path, new path may be manually entered when clip is run
      ^!SET:dirpath "^?[(T=D)Folder to
      archive=C:\PROJECTa2dtechspec\working\1521404_17725406950000]"

      ; Where to archive gets written to.
      ^!SET:destfile "^?[(T=D)Archive file
      name=C:\powerlogzips\temp_pl\1521404_17725406950000.zip]"

      ;Path to winzip on my machine
      ^!SET:winzippath "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE"

      ; run winzip, minimized, add a series of filetypes, output to a new
      location.
      ^!^%winzippath% -min -a "^%destfile%" "^%dirpath%*.txt" "^%dirpath%*.sft"
      "^%dirpath%*.spl"
      ^!Wait

      ^!Wait
      ^!INFO: Backup created to ^%destfile%
      --------------------

      Thanks in advance,
      Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II
      http://philliphansel.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2005
        Hi Phillip,

        It worked for me with the WinZip 8.0 and commandline interface.
        It either comes with it or there should be a free version. I'm
        using WinZip 9 SR-1 now and it still works and I did not pay
        extra for the command-line utility. We have to go off topic list
        or private eMail with this now.

        http://www.sojourner.us/software