Re: [Clip] Upload to password-protected dir

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2005
      brainceee,

      There is an FTP Library that comes with NoteTab that uses the ftp.exe
      built into all versions of Windows. It allows you to save or specify the
      username and password for FTP.

      If you have a directory that is password protected to web surfers, that
      does not stop the FTP protocol, the FTP username and password "go
      behind" what is visible to web browsers.

      If you are trying to use the ftp functionality of Internet Explorer, you
      will find a lot of frustration. I have not seen it work consistently in
      years of trying.

      Firefox has a nice ftp extension called fire FTP.

      On Windows I use the free Filezilla ftp program.

      I also created an outline of FTP commands and other notes a few years
      ago, that I still find helpful on my NoteTab pages:

      http://kairoscomputers.com/notetab/

      http://kairoscomputers.com/notetab/FTP_Notes.php

      There is also a link to the outline itself, if you want to download it.

      I hope this helps.

      Larry Hamilton
      Kairos Computer Solutions
      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
      Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

      brainceee wrote:

      >I can ftp files to a dir on my server, but what's the syntax to use to
      >upload to a user/password-protected folder? Via a script presumably...
      >but I have no idea how to set it up.
      >Can anybody help me out, please?

    • brainceee
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2005
        I didn't you could upload to a password-protected dir without the
        password and username somewhere, so, yes, that helped a lot. Thank you!