Upload to password-protected dir

  • brainceee
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11 8:11 AM
      I can ftp files to a dir on my server, but what's the syntax to use to
      upload to a user/password-protected folder? Via a script presumably...
      but I have no idea how to set it up.
      Can anybody help me out, please?
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11 7:38 PM
        brainceee,

        There is an FTP Library that comes with NoteTab that uses the ftp.exe
        built into all versions of Windows. It allows you to save or specify the
        username and password for FTP.

        If you have a directory that is password protected to web surfers, that
        does not stop the FTP protocol, the FTP username and password "go
        behind" what is visible to web browsers.

        If you are trying to use the ftp functionality of Internet Explorer, you
        will find a lot of frustration. I have not seen it work consistently in
        years of trying.

        Firefox has a nice ftp extension called fire FTP.

        On Windows I use the free Filezilla ftp program.

        I also created an outline of FTP commands and other notes a few years
        ago, that I still find helpful on my NoteTab pages:

        http://kairoscomputers.com/notetab/

        http://kairoscomputers.com/notetab/FTP_Notes.php

        There is also a link to the outline itself, if you want to download it.

        I hope this helps.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
        Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 12 8:43 AM
          I didn't you could upload to a password-protected dir without the
          password and username somewhere, so, yes, that helped a lot. Thank you!