Re: [Clip] Capturing Webpage

  • Bob McAllister
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2005
      Adrian

      I was puzzled as to what the ^!Keyboard ALT+V O in your clip was for,
      until I realised you meant ^!Keyboard ALT+V C to bring the page source
      into NoteTab so that your search for the "/title" tag would expose the
      page title to be added to your bibliographic line. Very neat!

      Isn't it great when you can learn something from a typo.

      Bob

      On 7/7/05, Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold <change@...> wrote:
      > Clip making for capturing webpages to text was being done recently.
      >
      > I looked at them and made my own. I just pass it on here.
      >
      > ^!Set %pagetext%=^$GetClipboard$
      > ^!Keyboard ALT+D CTRL+C
      > ^!Set %urltext%=^$GetClipboard$
      > ^!Keyboard ALT+V O
      > ^!ActivateApp
      > ^!Delay 10
      > ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      > ^!Keyboard CTRL+HOME
      > ^!Find "/title" WIS
      >
      > Adrian Worsfold
      >
      > http://www.pluralist.co.uk

    • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2005
        Interesting about that typing error correction - the danger of transferring something correctly
        done in MyIE2 and then not altered in Internet Explorer itself (which I use little). So it is Alt V C -
        Looking I cannot find the keyboard combination for View Source in IE6 but Alt V C works. The
        other interesting thing is both IE6 and MyIE2 have to be online for the capturing to work - use of
        a page offline in Temporary Internet Files does not allow a test.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk