Capturing Webpage

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2005
      Clip making for capturing webpages to text was being done recently.

      I looked at them and made my own. I just pass it on here.

      The identiication of the webpage is given according to the Harvard citation system except
      that the URL has square brackets to facilitate Note Tab use. This should be useful if writing
      essays and similar work; the author and any publisher will have to be found manually and
      the first date may be wrong if the webpage is old. The access date is my own convention
      which I use for file storage - year, month and day puts files into the correct order in folders.

      As ever, long lines need joining.

      ***

      ^!Set %yeartext%=^$GetDate(yyyy)$
      ^!Set %datetext%=^$GetDate(yyyymmdd hh:nn)$
      ^!Continue Cancel if IE is not open or OK
      ^!FocusApp * Microsoft Internet Explorer
      ^!Delay 10
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+A
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+C
      ^!Set %pagetext%=^$GetClipboard$
      ^!Keyboard ALT+D CTRL+C
      ^!Set %urltext%=^$GetClipboard$
      ^!Keyboard ALT+V O
      ^!ActivateApp
      ^!Delay 10
      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+HOME
      ^!Find "/title" WIS
      ^!Keyboard HOME RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT SHIFTDOWN
      END LEFT LEFT LEFT LEFT LEFT LEFT LEFT LEFT LEFT
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+C
      ^!Set %titletext%=^$GetClipboard$
      ^!Keyboard SHIFTUP HOME
      ^!Close [DISCARD]
      ^!Toolbar New Document
      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      ^!InsertText (^%yeartext%), ^%titletext%, [Online], Available World Wide Web, URL: [^%
      urltext], [Accessed ^%datetext%]^P^P
      ^!InsertText ^%pagetext%^P^P[End of webpage]
      ^!FarClip "Processing:Paras regularise"
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+HOME

      ***

      Paras regularise is this, on my Processing clipbook:

      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

      ^!StatusShow Cleaning paragraph breaks and spaces
      :LOOP1
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+HOME
      ^!Replace "^P " >> "^P" [WAS]
      ^!IFError END1
      ^!GoTo LOOP1
      :END1

      ^!StatusShow Cleaning spaces and paragraph breaks
      :LOOP2
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+HOME
      ^!Replace " ^P" >> "^P" [WAS]
      ^!IFError END2
      ^!GoTo LOOP2
      :END2

      ^!StatusShow Reducing all double to single spaces
      :LOOP3
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+HOME
      ^!Replace " " >> " " [WAS]
      ^!IFError END3
      ^!GoTo LOOP3
      :END3

      ^!StatusShow Doubling paragraph gaps before...
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+HOME
      ^!Replace "^P" >> "^P^P" [WAS]

      ^!StatusShow ...regularising paragraph gaps down.
      :LOOP4
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+HOME
      ^!Replace "^P^P^P" >> "^P^P" [WAS]
      ^!IFError END4