Re: [Clip] Copying NoteTab light files on to a new computer.

  • Richard Hole
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2005
      Hi Ian,

      Thanks for your letter.

      In c\Program Files\NoteTab Light\Libraries I could not see any folders.
      There was an icon named "Richard.clb" but a message stated that Windows
      could not open the file. What type of file or folder should I look for?
      I could not see any files with the name that I named my clips.

      Your help is appreciated,

      Regards Richard.

      Ian Rastall wrote:

      >On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 01:28:57 +1000, Richard wrote:
      >

      >>I have bought a new computer and want to copy over the clips I saved in
      >>NoteTab light on the old computer. Where do I find these clips and what
      >>folder do I look in?
      >>

      >Hi Richard. Go to Program Files > Note Tab > Libraries, and find the
      >library files that you altered.
      >
      >HTH
      >
      >Ian

    • Richard Hole
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 6, 2005
        Hi Jody,

        Thanks for your letter.

        My computers are networked together so I do not have to zip anything or
        burn anything to a CD. The old computer has Windows 2000 and the new one
        has Windows XP.

        Would the easiest way for me be to copy the entire NoteTab folder from
        the old computer and paste it into the "Program Files" folder of the new
        computer and after that I could double click on the NoteTab.exe icon
        already in the NoteTab folder to install the program?

        Your help is appreciated,

        Regards Richard.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 6, 2005
          Hi Richard,

          >Thanks for your letter.

          You are most welcome!

          >My computers are networked together so I do not have to zip
          >anything or burn anything to a CD. The old computer has Windows
          >2000 and the new one has Windows XP.
          >
          >Would the easiest way for me be to copy the entire NoteTab folder
          >from the old computer and paste it into the "Program Files"
          >folder of the new computer and after that I could double click on
          >the NoteTab.exe icon already in the NoteTab folder to install the
          >program?

          Sounds like a winner to me. You really don't even have to run the
          setup program again. The only reason I mentioned that is, because
          you don't have to manually make any shortcuts. If you know how to
          make shortcuts and find that easier, just do that.

          You will need to go into Options | Associations and Add the file
          types you want associated with NoteTab.

          Happy Tab'n,
          Jody Adair