Re: [Clip] Removing duplicate lines

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
      Hi Charles,

      I forgot to mention that you have to have the first word(s) on
      line one, the first line. It drove me nuts trying to debug my
      Clip written way back when. I had a blank line on top when I was
      doing that, then remembered that the top and bottom of documents
      can be very picky when running Clips that do all lines. I didn't
      allow for blank lines either. Not going to either. :-) I've been
      up all night and about brain dead now.

      >> I'd like a clip that will delete duplicates of the same line
      >> (leaving one copy)...
      >
      >Try this one on a copy...
      >
      ><--- Copy below this line --->
      >H=Remove Dups-Trips
      >; eMailed on 07-05-2005, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
      >; http://www.fookes.us, http://www.sojourner.us/software

      See ya in the funnies,
      Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

      http://www.clean-funnies.com
    • sleazzyweasel
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 30, 2005
        Jody,

        I'm a novice to notetab pro. I'm looking to remove duplicates in an
        email mailing list file. The file only has email addresses. I think
        that I have to set up a library to use your clip, but I have NO idea
        how to go about doing it or where to put the clip. I was wondering
        if you could give a novice some assistance??? Thanks. Mike

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:

> [...]
        > ^!Jump Doc_End
        > ^!InsertText ^p^p
        > ^!Jump 1
        > ^!SetWizardLabel Dups, Trips, Quats removed ;)
        > ^!Set %Prompt%=^?{Prompt before deleting?==Yes^=1|_No^=0}; %Save%
        =Lines deleted:^%nl%^%nl%

        > ^!IfFalse ^$IsWordWrap$ Start
        > ^!ToolBar Toggle Word Wrap
        > ^!Set %WrapOn%=1
        >
        > :Start
        > ^!Select Eol
        > ^!Set %Row%=^$GetRow$; %Data%=^$GetSelection$
        >
        > :Find
        > ^!Find "^%Data%" IS
        > ^!IfError NextRow
        > ^!If "^$GetLineSize$" > "^$GetSelSize$" Find
        > ^!Append %Save%=^%Data%^%nl%
        > ^!If "^$GetRow$" = "^$GetLineCount$" Wrap
        > ^!IfTrue ^%Prompt% Skip_2
        > ^!DeleteLine
        > ^!Goto Find
        > ^!Skip Delete this line?
        > ^!Goto Find
        > ^!DeleteLine
        > ^!If "^$GetRow$" = "^$GetLineCount$" Next Else Find
        >
        > :NextRow
        > ^!If ^$GetRow$ = ^$GetLineCount$ Wrap
        > ^!Inc %Row%
        > ^!Jump ^%Row%
        > ^!Goto Start
        >
        > :Wrap
        > ^!IfTrue ^%WrapOn% Next else Skip
        > ^!ToolBar Toggle Word Wrap
        > ^!Jump Doc_End
        >
        > :Loop1
        > ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ Skip_2
        > ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
        > ^!Goto Loop1
        > ^!InsertText ^p
        >
        > :Info
        > ^!SetWizardTitle ~ Duplicates Removed :::
        http://www.sojourner.us/software ~
        > ^!SetClipboard ^%Save%
        > ^!Toolbar Paste New
        >
        > :Loop2
        > ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ Skip_2
        > ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
        > ^!Goto Loop2
        > ^!InsertText ^p
        >
        > <--- Copy above this line --->
        > <--- Right click over a Library --->
        > <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->
        >
        > I used this test text:
        >
        > See this line.
        > See this line.
        > See this line.
        > See this additional line.
        > See this additional line.
        > See this line.
        > See this additional line.
        > See this additional line.
        > See this line.
        > See this additional line.
        > See this line.
        > See this additional line.
        > See this line.
        > See this line.
        > See this line.
        > See this additional line.
        >

        > Happy Clip'n!
        > Jody
        >
        > All Lists: http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
        > Convert your eMail programs mail to another program, archive,
        > date and word filters for inclusion of certain messages. You can
        > then archive say be day, week, month, year, etc. Aid4Mail:

      • Hugo Paulissen
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 30, 2005
          > Jody,
          >
          > I'm a novice to notetab pro. I'm looking to remove duplicates in an
          > email mailing list file. The file only has email addresses. I think
          > that I have to set up a library to use your clip, but I have NO idea
          > how to go about doing it or where to put the clip. I was wondering
          > if you could give a novice some assistance??? Thanks. Mike

          Mike,

          I'm not Jody, but I can give you some assistance. The easiest for you
          would be to sort your file, with the option "remove duplicates" checked.

          Select Menu: Modify | Lines | Sort | Ascending/Descending
          (You may have a sort button available in the toolbar as well)

          In order to remove the duplicates you should check wether in Options
          (menu View), on the Tools tab, you have a checkmark in front of Sort
          Removes Duplicates.

          Hugo
        • Sleazzy Weasel
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 30, 2005
            Hugo,

            Thanks a heap. It worked llike a charm. :-)

            Mike

            Hugo Paulissen <hugopaulissen@...> wrote:
            > Jody,
            >
            > I'm a novice to notetab pro. I'm looking to remove duplicates in an
            > email mailing list file. The file only has email addresses. I think
            > that I have to set up a library to use your clip, but I have NO idea
            > how to go about doing it or where to put the clip. I was wondering
            > if you could give a novice some assistance??? Thanks. Mike

            Mike,

            I'm not Jody, but I can give you some assistance. The easiest for you
            would be to sort your file, with the option "remove duplicates" checked.

            Select Menu: Modify | Lines | Sort | Ascending/Descending
            (You may have a sort button available in the toolbar as well)

            In order to remove the duplicates you should check wether in Options
            (menu View), on the Tools tab, you have a checkmark in front of Sort
            Removes Duplicates.

            Hugo

            .·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·.
            sleazzyweasel@...
            WrOnG NuMbEr RoCoCcO, yOu .·°~ §LëAzZÿ WëA§ëL ~°·.