Re: [Clip] Sending text to other application

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2005
      Taka:

      > It seems that up to the step of copying the text to
      > clipboard is fine, but it doesn't activate the other
      > software with ^!FocusApp.

      Could you post your clip - I'll see if it works for me and/or whether I or
      others can spot a likely problem?

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
        >>It seems that up to the step of copying the text to clipboard is fine,
        >>but it doesn't activate the other software with ^!FocusApp.
        >>

        >You might try using wildcards in the Application title after ^!FocusApp
        >
        >^!FocusApp "*View Tickets*NetCaptor*"

        If Jody's suggestion hasn't solved your problem, you might consider
        these possibilities:
        (1) The title bar doesn't have the identical syntax on the 2 computers
        due to difference options checked/unchecked in the target program, e.g.
        in one system a program, say Internet Explorer might have a title bar
        that reads
        "Don's Web Site - Microsoft Internet Explorer" while in the other it
        might read
        "Microsoft Internet Explorer - Don's Web Site." This may be an
        impossible example but it shows the idea.
        (2) The there may be a timing problem wherein the second system
        doesn't respond fast enough and the Clip finishes before the target
        program get's the desired commands. If this is it, try the ^!Delay
        command, perhaps with a checking loop, such as
        ^!Delay 1
        ^!IfMatch "".*Don's Web Site.*"" "^$GetAppTitle$" Next Else Skip_-1
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
          Hi Taka, Don, and Others,

          >>^!FocusApp "*View Tickets*NetCaptor*"
          >>
          >(1) The title bar doesn't have the identical syntax on the 2
          >computers due to difference options checked/unchecked in the
          >target program, e.g. in one system a program, say Internet
          >Explorer might have a title bar that reads "Don's Web Site -
          >Microsoft Internet Explorer" while in the other it might read
          >"Microsoft Internet Explorer - Don's Web Site." This may be an
          >impossible example but it shows the idea.
          >(2) The there may be a timing problem wherein the second system
          >doesn't respond fast enough and the Clip finishes before the
          >target program get's the desired commands. If this is it, try
          >the ^!Delay command, perhaps with a checking loop, such as
          >^!Delay 1
          >^!IfMatch "".*Don's Web Site.*"" "^$GetAppTitle$" Next Else Skip_-1

          Excellent advice Don. I use the non-regular expression (RegExp)
          versions often. For those of us are a little RegExp challenged or
          do not know them at all, here's a couple other ways to write Don's
          IfMatch suggestion...

          Here's are some practical exercises to play around with; as
          usual, watch for long lines. Do a Ctrl+W to turn off word wrap if
          on and look for black lines to join to the one above it if they
          are split. (I made a couple last minute changes w/o testing,
          hopefully I did not enter a glitch. ;)

          <--- Copy below this line --->
          H="GetAppTitle
          ; eMailed on 07-02-2005, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
          ; http://www.sojourner.us/software, notetab.net, fookes.us

          ^!Continue You need to fill in the right side of IfSame in the Clip 1st. Continue?
          ; an example using the full titlebar name, just the basic
          ; ^$GetAppTitle, which is sometimes hard to use due to hidden
          ; characters or double spaces not readily seen in titlebars. fill
          ; in the right side of IfSame below

          ^!FocusApp "NoteTab*"
          ^!Delay 1
          ^!IfSame "^$GetAppTitle$" "Application title name, or popup window" Next else Skip_-2
          ^!Delay 1

          H="StrCopy"
          ; eMailed on 07-02-2005, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
          ; http://www.sojourner.us/software, notetab.net, fookes.us

          ^!Set %n%=0
          ^!FocusApp "^?[Enter the complete window's titlebar name, no wild cards]"
          ^!If ^%n% = 5 Error
          ^!Delay 5
          ^!Inc %n%
          ^!IfSame "^$GetAppTitle$" "^?[Enter the complete window's titlebar name, no wild cards]" Next else Skip_-4
          ^!Delay 1
          ^!Info You entered: ^$GetAppTitle$
          ^!Goto End

          :Error
          ; very long line
          ^!Info [L]Oops, it appears you can't read or type correctly. <g> Try using GetAppTitle in an Info box and copy the title first. Spaces are hard to detect. For instance there are two spaces on each side of the NoteTab program name and the - and the document path of the focused file.

          H="StrCopyLeft"
          ; eMailed on 07-02-2005, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
          ; http://www.sojourner.us/software, notetab.net, fookes.us

          ; Shows how wild cards can be used, run from NoteTab Pro, or change to Std or Light
          ^!FocusApp "^?[Enter titlebar name used for StrCopyLeft=*Pro*]"
          ; I normally used like 5 for browser pages to display. Quick popups really don't need a delay
          ^!Delay ^?[Enter delay time to show it is delaying==1|_25]
          ; Looks for the number of characters entered from left to right
          ^!IfSame "^$StrCopyLeft("^$GetAppTitle$";11)$" "NoteTab Pro" Next else Skip_-2
          ; Sometimes just the short delay here ensures it to be truly focused/loaded, long line
          ^!Delay 1
          ^!SetWizardTitle ~ Example to show they matched, are the same ~
          ^!Info IfSame: ^$StrCopyLeft("^$GetAppTitle$";11)$ = NoteTab Pro

          H="StrCopyRight"
          ; eMailed on 07-02-2005, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
          ; http://www.sojourner.us/software, notetab.net, fookes.us

          ^!FocusApp "^?[Partial titlebar name used for StrCopyRight=NoName01.txt]"
          ^!Delay 1
          ; Looks for the number of characters entered from right to left, long line
          ^!IfSame "^$StrCopyRight("^$GetAppTitle$";12)$" "^?[Partial titlebar name used for StrCopyRight]" Next else Skip_-2
          ^!Delay 1
          ^!Info IfSame "^$StrCopyRight("^$GetAppTitle$";12)$"

          <--- Copy above this line --->
          <--- Right click over a Library --->
          <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

          Convert your eMail programs mail to another program, archive,
          date and word filters for inclusion of certain messages. You can
          then archive say be day, week, month, year, etc. Aid4Mail:
          http://www.fookes/aid4mail, http://www.sojourner.us/software
        • thigashi@pbh.med.kyoto-u.ac.jp
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
            Thank you all. Getting the application title by ^$GetAppTitle$ worked perfectly. It appears that the title bar was different from the actual title.
            Also, I needed to insert the delay and delayed transfering keyboard characters. The new desktop is much facter than the laptop.

            Taka

            Jody <kjv-av1611@...>さん:

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
              Hi Taka,

              >Thank you all. Getting the application title by ^$GetAppTitle$
              >worked perfectly. It appears that the title bar was different
              >from the actual title.

              Glad something working. You probably just forgot or are new to
              the lists, but try to remember to snip out unneeded text to
              understand your replaced; some people have to pay by the Kb and
              it costs them more to have it all posted again. Thanks!

              >> ^!FocusApp "*Pro*"
              >> ^!Delay 1
              >> ^!IfSame "^$StrCopyLeft("^$GetAppTitle$";11)$" "NoteTab Pro" Next else Skip_-2
              >> ^!Delay 1

              Take care,
              Jody Adair

              and even thou doest err some! ;)